PDA

View Full Version : A320 Captain looking help!!

T-6
29th Aug 2008, 18:14
Dear colleagues
At this time I am working in a company wich is close to bankrupcy. They didnīt pay the last two months and thatīs my economic limit. I became a Captain two months ago so my total PIC is very low 150hr on type and my total on type A320 is 2000 hr and my total FT is more than 4500 hrs. I am looking for a job, any idea where can I get a job for low PIC time? THank very much for your help guys

ACMS
30th Aug 2008, 02:09
Well I'm not A320 rated but you could start by writing to or calling A320 operators in the region, and there are a lot.

Air Asia. Jetstar. Tiger. Vietnam Airlines. etc etc

Good luck.

p.s. check out Flight International 19th Aug edition for 1/ jobs in the back and 2/ Airliner survey inventory

TidaBisa
30th Aug 2008, 04:11
Since you are current and qualified try to get a DEC position. It all depends on where you are now and where you are willing to go for the JOB.
Look up Parc aviation website. There are a bunch of A320 jobs. Here are some airlines that might be interested in you:

Middle-East: Qatar, AirArabia, GulfAir. Go to their websites.

India: Indigo, Kingfisher, GoAir.

Singapore: Tiger, SilkAir.

Vietnam: Vietnam Airlines.

Best wishes

Salamat Jalan

CAT IIIB
3rd Sep 2008, 14:16
Kazakstan-Air astana
Malaysia-Air Asia.
Abu Dhabi,UAE-Etihad

T-6
3rd Sep 2008, 18:21
thank you very very much!!

Captain Val
27th Jun 2010, 10:44
But be sure,if you'll apply to Airarabia for job with 150hr in command , only F/O position will be avalable in this case. You need at least 500hrs.

IndAir967
27th Jun 2010, 10:58
yeah A-320 DEC require 500 hours on type.. but never the less u might be put
on observation for the remaining 350 hours to be released .. Yes you are a walkin at a lot of airlines.. Hoping to see you around some where..

IAC967:ok:

skypirate2u
6th Aug 2011, 22:03
I personally know several pilots that went to Indigo, Astana, and CEBU with far less than 500 PIC hours (at Indigo he had zero PIC time) and lied to the airline but made the checkout and are now flying capt.

Doesn't make it right, but it still happens regulary. Saw it at CEBU several months ago.:ugh: SO if you are flying FO with and expat Capt that seems to be screwing up and has an inconsistent story.....you might want to tighten your belt and tweak the seat forward a bit, as well as thinking a bit further down the flight plan.

Stratocruzer
6th Aug 2011, 22:45
or if you prefer you could always apply to etihad airways in abu dhabi - the world's leading airline headed by the world's leading management team:ugh:

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Aug 2011, 04:16
I see you read ME thread too.

In general I believed that a 320 Pilot, with "enough" hours was gods gift to any airline.

Is this not true.

Rak Airways has the best management team in the whole wide world.

glf

gottofly
7th Aug 2011, 04:39
Go to IndiGo office at Gurgaon and they will hire you plus give you a 2 month joining bonus which is something like 6 lac rupees.....ofcourse they will only pay 10% when you join.I am guessing u r currently with the maharaja?Good luck.

A-3TWENTY
7th Aug 2011, 09:03
Tiger is recruiting highly experienced FOs for fast command. So sure they will accept you.

But try this guy which is recruiting to Shanghai. You will be better there.

Left Wing
7th Aug 2011, 11:03
IndiGo is you best bet... you will get DEC since you are already cleared by DGCA :ok:

Stratocruzer
8th Aug 2011, 14:43
glf

they say it's a global village, so am just trying to be a good citizen lol

pilotbaba
8th Aug 2011, 15:59
I hope that all of you guys realise that This is a thread from 2008, which is more than 3 years ago.
The last time the Original Poster posted on this forum was in 2009 & his last log on was June 2010, more than 1 year ago.

From his posts, it appears that he had joined somewhere in Middle east.

So I could request the moderators to close this thread or it others want to keep it alive as another A320 thread, then we could keep it open .....