PDA

View Full Version : Peltors

Jackboot
29th Aug 2008, 09:46
Advice please.

I accepted the standard Peltors when spec'ing my R44 in 05.

These work really well.

Annoyingly though, the cups and innards often drop out and its a real fag to reassemble them. Its also a bit disconcerting for nervous passengers ( be very nervous when flying with me!!) when they try to put the things on ie. 'If these are falling to bits, what about the rest of it??'

If I leave the machine outside in the sun, I always put the cover on.

I cant help feeling that Peltor have blighted a good product by missing this obvious fault. It must be well known to them?

JB

Efirmovich
29th Aug 2008, 15:30
Used Peltor for years, had very few problems. Sounds like you may have a Fri pm pair !! Give them a call they have a repair facility "AERO" in Stockport, Manchester. The guys are very helpful.

E.

Practice Auto 3,2,1
29th Aug 2008, 17:00
Common problem with Peltors, especially when left out in the sun (like in your case) They shrink slightly over the years and then never clip in properly to the casing.

What you need is whats called a Hygiene Kit. You get new inner foam and ear cups. Throw the old ones away pop in the new foam then click in the ear cups. Very simple one minute job.

I guess you can get these from a variety of places, but I just Googled "Peltor Hygiene Kit" and one of the 1st links was to a well know pilots shop. Cost is £5.99 per kit.

Hope this helps!!

Jackboot
30th Aug 2008, 20:13
Well b@gger me with a frozen mophead, I do believe I have hygene kits somewhere and forgotten about them completely.

I'll give it a go.

Thanks a lot M8!

JB