PDA

View Full Version : why are so many threads moved

3Greens
29th Aug 2008, 00:13
why has the zoom thread been moved? if there is a valid reason could there at least be a mechanism to tell us where the thread has been moved to?
I would have thought an ailine going bust would have been best served in R&N. Surely it falls into "news" QED.??

Flintstone
29th Aug 2008, 00:17
I see a thread three below this one (at the time of posting this) on the forum page called 'Zoom Is Bankrupt'. Granted it's a link to where the post has gone but that's good enough for me.

Daysleeper
29th Aug 2008, 07:32
why are so many threads moved

Surely the question should be ,

why are so many threads posted in the wrong forum in the first place?

or

why are so many duplicated threads started?
:}

BlueDiamond
29th Aug 2008, 09:39
... could there at least be a mechanism to tell us where the thread has been moved to?
Unless the thread has actually been deleted, the title will still appear in the forum where it was posted. You simply click on that and it still opens the thread for you ... but in its new "home." To find out where you are looking at it, simply look at the top of the page (first yellow bar above where the posts start) and that tells you what forum you are now in.

frostbite
29th Aug 2008, 13:35
I think a lot of duplicate threads are started because the poster of the first chooses a rather obscure title that gives the impression of being about something else.

Of course, there's also sheer bloody laziness.........