PDA

View Full Version : Gulfair assessment

picollo
28th Aug 2008, 15:55
Hello,
I have an assessment with Gulf coming up.
I have done the search function and was hoping to get some more info on the individual planning exercise.
What does it consist of ?
also any further info on any segment of the interview would be appreciated.

Thanks

PAR31
28th Aug 2008, 20:03
Hi Picollo,

try a little bit more hard next time it was only on page number 2.:ok:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/334982-gulf-air-first-officer-recruitment.html

Good luck
Par31

Tziganul is stating:

I've just been interviewed. The hotel they put you in is a 5 star. It has pretty much anything you want in there, so for that, I give GF a thumb up. The GF HQ is right across from the hotel, so you can wake up late and still make it The people who interview you have been there for quite some time. All of them are great. They make you feel very comfortable and you can actually be yourself, that's what it's all about. The first day usually starts out with the group exercise (where you have to choose between to aircrafts for a specific route) then, the psychometric tests. 4 of them: verbal reasoning, math estimation, spatial orientation (which is in my opinion the "trickiest" one) and computer checking. Followed by the personal interview and finally the planning exercise. You start at about 8am and finish at 3ish. The personal interview is a lot of questions about tell me a time when this and that and the other thing. The second day, you usually have the medical and the sim in the evening. The sim is either on the 320 or the 330. If your all ready a type rated guy then it's pretty straight forward. T/O with FD and A/TH, soon after t/o no F/D and A/TH into a downwind for rwy 30 or 12. Then another t/o followed by and eng failure with a raw data ILS. Oh yeah there is a missed app on the single eng. then they tell you right away if you passed the sim or not. The sim instructor and the cptn are great guys, friendly and all they want is to see your handling skills. Hope it helps and Cheers mate!

picollo
29th Aug 2008, 07:18
Thanks
needed something more specific and a very helpful ppruner obliged.

Thanks again
I will post in detail when I get back