PDA

View Full Version : ATPL's Distance Learning

AdamLT
28th Aug 2008, 13:18
Hi all

I was after your advice with regards to studying the ATPL's using the DL method.
How long would you put aside for this? I know the whole point of DL is that you can take as long as you want, but i'd like to get it done in good time. I will be working whilst studying, hence the DL option.

Cheers for your comments

Ad

B767PL
28th Aug 2008, 13:32
I am in the same boat, working while studying, and plan on doing the DL method for my ATPL exams for the conversion. From everything I have heard so far, if you study roughly 30 hrs per week, you can get it done in about 6 months. If you do about 15 a week, you can get it done in about a year. Obviously it varies from person to person and how fast they learn and catch on.

But the fastest I heard from guys getting it done was about 6 months, and a year being about normal.. so I guess those figures arent too far off.

AdamLT
28th Aug 2008, 13:34
cheers B767PL for your insight :)

Dane-Ger
28th Aug 2008, 13:49
I studied about two hours every night after work and about 10 hours at the weekend. I used the method of learning new stuff at the weekend when I had most energy and I consolidated the work during the week by re-reading and taking progress tests.

I have my last exams in a month and it will have taken me 8 months in total. (assuming I pass my last four)

AdamLT
28th Aug 2008, 14:00
Dane-Ger...all the best with the final lot of exams

Permafrost_ATPL
28th Aug 2008, 20:35
Eight months here, doing about 25 hours a week. Can do it in 6 like others said, but quite the challenge.

P