PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever taken "what was left"?

airship
28th Aug 2008, 13:33
And how did it turn out?

(Delibrately left ambigious to encompass the widest range of subject matter)...now be honest folks! :ok:

HXdave
28th Aug 2008, 15:47
yeah, i took what was left once..........

6 years later we got married!

UniFoxOs
28th Aug 2008, 16:01
Yes, always after my better-looking mates had taken the best prospects, - and IIRC (was a long time ago), I never got anywhere.

Cheers
UFO

airship
28th Aug 2008, 16:17
That sounds very positive...?! :ok: Are you both happy today and content with the decisions which were made 6 years ago? In terms of relationships, and looking back, what astonishes me are the numbers of young gals who were willing to consider 'a night out and back at his place' whilst airship was a poor teenager and had a gap in his front teeth. :confused: Back then, given the opportunity (promoting one's genes etc. I guess), I'd have willingly settled down , yet one wanted to emigrate to Canada so she could earn $8 an hour even as a checkout clerk and another had a dad who would have had a fit if she'd brought me home one evening. Hence my perversity for stray cats these days I guess.

Whilst I could have cared less about someone's upbringing or whatever back then, I'm forced to admit that I no longer have any desire to form any meaningful relationships with someone of my own age. I'd prefer tobe left with the stray cats.

With regards to jobs though, as a 'know-it-all' 23 year old, I moved to a company that promised me a new Sierra or Cavalier as company car. For 3 months, I drove about in a 7 year old Vauxhall Viva (great car to throw about country lanes). When I finally collected my new Cavalier, an older company employee complained vociferously, and we ended up exchanging our company vehicles. About 6 months later, a director was giving me a lift down to Godalming railway station in his Ferrari GT4 suggesting that perhaps after all, some of us hadn't given you (me) all the support that was promised when we took you on. There's more to it than hits the eye but the rest is for another time.

I once bought a beautiful clock/ barometer thinggie at an auction in Portsmouth. I think I'd have died on the spot if I hadn't 'won that bid'...?! :uhoh:

OFSO
28th Aug 2008, 20:36
The worst thing possible in life, is finally getting what you want, so maybe getting what was left is better.

RaF

Beatriz Fontana
28th Aug 2008, 23:13
My mad Iranian cat. He was the last of the litter when I got there. Some pyscho family had chosen two siblings but the look the Iranian gave me when we met I knew we were made for each other.

So actually, I think he chose me. I was the last to arrive.

Not looked back since. He's a gorgeous thing despite his grand vision to take over the world.

x213a
28th Aug 2008, 23:24
In a dubious bar in a dubious country I once ended up with a black settee:}

Jetex Jim
29th Aug 2008, 05:34
OFSO
The worst thing possible in life, is finally getting what you want,

Yep, because should you then lose it...

kiwi chick
29th Aug 2008, 06:12
Oooh Jetex Jim...

I can't tell whether you're being serious about losing the love of your life, or jesting about something else? :bored: :oh:

to answer the question, I ended up being married to him. :{

Beatriz Fontana
29th Aug 2008, 20:40
Oh Kiwi Chick, so true!!

Still, every cloud has a silver lining. I'm now single :O