PDA

View Full Version : Saving Web graphics to Floppy Disk

pax anglia
28th Apr 2001, 20:34
I would be grateful for some help on the above topic,please.
I manage to Save to Disk an entire Web page,but I have difficulty in persuading a specific graphic to do likewise.
I should explain that I am using the Microsoft Terraserver Aerial Photograph and Mapping site.I am trying to save an aerial photo of a place in the USA with the same name as my village as part of a project.
Whilst saving the entire page to Floppy is OK,I would prefer just the actual photo without all the banners etc.
However,the image is composed of several smaller ones,and a Right Click on Graphic succeeds only in copying that particular part of the picture.
In a nutshell,how do I save only the photo in its entirety?
Thanks in anticipation.

------------------
Time flies like the wind,but fruit flies like a Banana.

ExSimGuy
29th Apr 2001, 13:43
Only suggestion I can give is to save all of the photo secions, then use whichever photo imaging software you have to stick them all together "post-processing".

(You will probably have to open a new graphic, with the total width and height as the final thing, and the same reolution as the "bits", and then copy/paste each image to the new "blank page")

Anyone else got better ideas?

spannersatcx
29th Apr 2001, 14:21
If you have paintshop pro do a screen capture. Failing that make sure the picture is centralised and hit print screen then open up any paint package (even the windows one) and select paste. It will be a bitmap and will be very large in size, mb's rather than kb's. Just had another thought save the page in your favourites, then when off line open the page in word if you have it and all should be there.

[This message has been edited by spannersatcx (edited 29 April 2001).]

pax anglia
29th Apr 2001, 16:18
At the time of typing (approx 1315 Local),
two responses had apparently been posted but as yet they have not put in an appearance.
I am aware of a current thread on this problem and have checked my Browser settings
are as recommended by PPRuNe Towers.This post is submitted as a test and to say thanks to whomsoever has responded.You know who you are! With a bit of luck your messages will appear soon-I hope this one does.

------------------

Icarus
29th Apr 2001, 19:08
If you use Office2000 then try this add-on.

Office 2000 Add-in: Web Archive.

The Microsoft Office 2000 Web Archive add-on allows you to save a Web page as a single file, including all of the graphics on the page.

http://office.microsoft.com/2000/downloaddetails/webarchive.htm

pax anglia
30th Apr 2001, 23:18
Thank you Gentlemen,for taking the time and trouble to respond.I'll give all your suggestions a try and see what emerges.
Pauses only to wrap wet towel around head....

------------------

ExSimGuy
1st May 2001, 10:32
Spanners,

I must have had my "stoopid head" on when I posted - "PrtSc" is a much more sane way and far simpler !

Pax A,

I know how you feel, sometimes pages seem to get cached "out there" and flushing the cache on your machine just won't get the new page :mad:
Sometimes about 3 "shift-refresh"s about 2 seconds apart seems to work, but there's still stuborn cases!

------------------
What goes around . . .
. . often lands better!