View Full Version : New Airservices Site - Online Publications?

hogespa28
28th Aug 2008, 11:36
With this redesign of the Airservices site I seem to have lost access to the online versions of the CARS, AIP etc? Can anyone find this or has it been foolishly removed to make a few bucks?

hogespa28
28th Aug 2008, 11:39
I seem to have found the AIP but the rest look gone... :ugh:

Track Coastal
28th Aug 2008, 11:39
For you sir...
Airservices Australia - Aeronautical Information Package (AIP) (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/aip.asp)

Click on "I agree" and all the family favourites are there

hogespa28
28th Aug 2008, 11:50
Thanks, I managed to find that one though:ok:. You used to be able to get the CAO and CAR online as well. But seems its not there anymore.

Wing Root
28th Aug 2008, 11:59
CAO and CAR aren't ASA documents

Rules and procedures (http://www.casa.gov.au/rules/index.htm)

hogespa28
28th Aug 2008, 12:12
Thanks that what I was after... Must have been imagining that they used to be there

Capt Fathom
28th Aug 2008, 13:05
Just shows how often people refer to the rules & regs!

Oh that's right! Everyone has paid for the hardcopies! :uhoh:

AussieNick
28th Aug 2008, 14:13
Just shows how often people refer to the rules & regs!

Oh that's right! Everyone has paid for the hardcopies

oh damn, we're supposed to read those things? I thought you brought them cause it made you look important to have them around your desk :}

FRQ Charlie Bravo
28th Aug 2008, 18:00
On the topic,

I've always been annoyed that ASA didn't make their documents downloadable in a format that allowed an entire document to be contained in one file like CASA has done with theirs. I know I could download every single approach plate and then put it together in one pdf but not thank you.

I also don't plan on spending the $600 some-odd for the CD service (I will however make copies from library collections... you know, as a backup just in case the library looses their disc).:E

FRQ CB

PS I'm pretty sure that ASA used to have a link to the CASA documents... or maybe that was only the other way around.

mjbow2
28th Aug 2008, 22:29
FAR AIMS 2009- US$8.48

CAR, CASR, AIP, CAO and the ACT - AU $216

Just another example of why GA over there is flourishing while it languishes here.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
29th Aug 2008, 01:01
FAR AIMS 2009- US$8.48

CAR, CASR, AIP, CAO and the ACT - AU $216

Just another example of why GA over there is flourishing while it languishes here.
Hear hear, and no need to pull out pages to make amendments, just buy the newest paperback at the FBO when you pick up the keys and MR.

FRQ CB