PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4 Connection Question

Wigglyamps
27th Aug 2008, 10:03
Hi all, I realise this isn't a gaming forum but just wondered if anyone could shed any light on a problem. When I'm online playing COD4, everytime a new map loads the screen tells me that the server disconnected:ugh:, reconnecting to the server will work fine but its a pain in the ar$e having to do this every time. I guess theres some setting in Windows XP that challenges connections after so many minutes but that is far outside my knowledge base. All help/suggestions gratefully received.

NutLoose
27th Aug 2008, 21:49
Are you running windows firewall? have you tried turning that off..I run zonealarm which is free and that has a gaming setting on it........ Just a thought.

Wigglyamps
28th Aug 2008, 10:54
Windows firewall is off but I haven't tried the gaming setting in zonealarm, I will give it a go.

Thanks

x213a
28th Aug 2008, 20:43
Try updating punkbuster- the software that the servers use to auto-kick people running cheats etc.

Google update punkbuster or Pb setup.

:ok:

ksa5223
3rd Sep 2008, 08:27
yer update pB, but pB shouldn't be a problem unless when you get kicked it says something like "punkbuster failed to initialize", make sure you exit all your bloody anti virus /internet protection, mcafee / norton / AVG all of them can cause problems.