PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating "Footers"

Bear Cub
2nd Mar 2001, 08:20
I have writ a book - well a manual - in my bestest English.

Currently stands at some 138 pages...more to come.

Put in a nice corporate header at the top (where else?) and a footer (at the bottom [hey..good name!!]) which includes - at the click of my mouse - my name, a page number and the date.

Trubble is, every time I print a page, it prints the actual date of printing - the current date...not the date that I wrote it.

Now...who will win the prize for telling me how to make it stop it?

------------------
Hunting is bad!!
Support the right to arm Bears!!

spannersatcx
2nd Mar 2001, 16:25
What word processor package are you using??

WX Man
2nd Mar 2001, 20:04
BC,

I presume you're using Word. In all the versions I've ever used, you can 'toggle field view' and instead of 'DATE', put 'DATECREATE' (I think... it may be 'CREATEDATE'). that should solve yer problem.

spannersatcx
2nd Mar 2001, 22:10
If it's word 97 (not sure about 2K)

Insert the current date and time in a document

1 Click where you want to insert the date or time.
2 On the Insert menu, click Date and Time.
3 To specify the format of the date or time, click a format in the Available formats box.

To automatically update the date or time when you print the document, select the Update automatically check box. Otherwise, the document will always print with the original date or time.

Tip You can also use a shortcut to insert the current date. First turn on AutoComplete by clicking AutoText on the AutoText toolbar and then selecting the Show AutoComplete tip for AutoText and dates check box. In your document, type the first few characters of the date ¾ for example, type jun for today's date. When Word suggests the entire date ¾ such as "June 2, 1997" ¾ press ENTER or F3 to accept it. To reject the date, press ESC or just keep typing.

Bear Cub
4th Mar 2001, 08:31
Thanks girls...yep, should have said...Word 2000....but I think there is enough there to get it sorted.

Thanks.

------------------
Hunting is bad!!
Support the right to arm Bears!!