PDA

View Full Version : BHX Spanair Routes

starflex fixer
26th Aug 2008, 20:35
Hi All, I am due to fly by Spanair from IBZ to BHX in early September, I have heard that this is a code share flight, but being a techie from the roatry world, I dont really know what this means - does it mean that more than one airline run the same flight number?

If so, how do I go about finding out who is running the flight on my particualr day?

I only ask because being as an engineer, I can see a possible fall out of fleet gorundings possibly for the MD82!!

My apologies if this is in the worng thread area

airhumberside
26th Aug 2008, 20:42
It will be a charter for one or more tour operators. Spanair dont have any scheduled services to the UK

S78
26th Aug 2008, 20:52
Spanair use their own aircraft on BHX-IBZ

S78

VAFFPAX
27th Aug 2008, 00:57
Depends entirely on the day. Scheduled airlines are Monarch and Thomsonfly, the charters on Fridays are Spanair (JKK) for one of the following tour operators:

Thomas Cook
JMC Holidays
Sunset Holidays
Escapades
Panorama Holidays
Club 18-30
Holidays for Less
Airtours

Thomas Cook (TCX), Thomsonfly (TOM) and FirstChoice (FCA) operate charter flights for those operators too, but generally on other days (Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun).

S.

starflex fixer
27th Aug 2008, 15:40
We have booked through Thomas Cook - but I did read on the BHX website that the airline charters it out to more than one tour operator at a time, so wandered what the score was with how it was operated! Also was a little scared that we would have flight details, a hotel booking, some euros, but no aircraft to get us there that was serviceable!

Mr Angry from Purley
27th Aug 2008, 20:30
One for Olton Pete.
You'll get an aircraft, the chances of grounding MD82's is very slim. Be positive :\

OltonPete
27th Aug 2008, 21:28
Codeshare is definitely the wrong description for this flight as it is a
charter on behalf of the Thomas Cook Group.

I have no idea which companies have taken seats on this flight but
I know it is/was been sold by airtours online.

Traditionally (pre merger) the Friday Ibiza was for the MyTravel Group
and was operated by one of the based A320's in 2007. With the merger
of Thomas Cook and My Travel there was a reduction of four based
aircraft (2 x TCX 757's and 2 x MYT 320's) to three aircraft (757's).

These four based aircraft in 2007 operated nine flights but the three based aircraft this year only can only fit in eight and hence the Ibiza
has been given to Spanair.

I was in Spain myself when the Madrid accident happened but acarsd
shows that JKK3194 IBZ-BHX-IBZ last Friday was operated by Spanair
MD83 EC-HNC. In other words, at present no change.

Pete

starflex fixer
28th Aug 2008, 15:36
Thank you for your help guys, I will stay positive about not grounding the worldwide MD fleet - but I have been in the receiving end of a fleet wide tech bulletin (saw the grounding of the DHFS fleet of AS350's at least)

SFF