PDA

View Full Version : Chat problems.....

Mister Geezer
28th Feb 2001, 03:34
At the present time I am finding it extremely difficult to log onto chat.

Ok sometimes it will work, however recently more often than not, I can't seem to fully log on.

What happens is that the Digichat window appears and I can see the rooms and how many people are in. However when I try and select on users or even try and go into a room, then nothing happens at all. I can go into settings and come out of that facility quite easily, however actually getting it to work and communicating is the problem!

What is the problem????

I am using an Apple Mac G3, with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 if that is any help????

Regards

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

Mister Geezer
1st Mar 2001, 04:39
????? Any one ??????

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

ExSimGuy
1st Mar 2001, 12:22
MG - You are using a Mac - well I guess somebody has to :)

Seriously, it shouldn't be a problem as I have heard rumour that our Gallant Capt PPRuNe is also a Mac user.

Good luck ;) (any other Mac users can help?)

piloteddy
1st Mar 2001, 22:50
Mister Geezer,

Dont know if this will help but I think its worth a try.

I used to have problems with chat, it was doing exactly what you describe. I think that it has something to do with changing or altering your profile.

For some reason, if I ever changed something in the settings (icon etc) then the chat would freeze up and do nothing, so now as soon as I log in I just type a few greetings, say hi etc etc THEN go and fiddle with the settings. It seems to work fine for me after that.

Hope this helps a bit,

PilotEddy