PDA

View Full Version : GA Maintenance.

RotaryWingB2
26th Aug 2008, 09:24
Any light aircraft maintainers on here?

I'm talking about your PA28's, C172's, C152's etc.

Being rotary I'm in the dark about such matters, but need to ask some questions.

NutLoose
26th Aug 2008, 10:05
yup I am one... all of the above on my licence and a couple of hundred other types LOL

FlyingWrench
26th Aug 2008, 11:42
Well do you have any questions? If so than shoot. I hope i can still remember these aircraft.

BAe146s make me cry
26th Aug 2008, 11:45
Any type courses proposed for Cessna SE or ME yet Nutloose?? :}

Whats the latest on the Part 66 B3 licence?

BAe146??? :{:{:{

RotaryWingB2
27th Aug 2008, 07:05
Thanks guys, I'm basically after some info, some of which I've had by pm.

Couple of more things on my mind.

1. Do you need type ratings for each aircraft or is there a generic under 7500kg grouping or similar? (B3??)

2. Are there any light aircraft maint companies up north that I can visit to see how they operate?

3. Is it worth the extra effort to get fixed wing piston as well as my current aim of rotary turbine licence?

IFHP
27th Aug 2008, 11:57
1. see ELGD all the info from the CAA themselves

2. check your local clubs/training schools and ask who do their maint

3. the more qualifications the better but b1.3 in short supply, i'm led to believe:E

mono
27th Aug 2008, 17:08
1. There are groups and individual types. depends on whether EASA consider the a/c complex (I seem to recall this equates to above 250kts capability)

2. Loads. Check the wiggly web

3. Rotary seems to be in demand but not that many fixed wing guys about either.

NutLoose
27th Aug 2008, 21:34
Any type courses proposed for Cessna SE or ME yet Nutloose?? http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Wouldn't know but then as I have the full groups so why would I ?...

I worked it out once and there are over 200 plus type ratings on my licence including engines. how many are on yours BAe146? :p

EASA consider the a/c complex (I seem to recall this equates to above 250kts capability)

Well yes and no... at one point they had listed the 421 as a complex Aircraft, I pointed out to them that the only way you would get one over 250KTS would be to fire it out of a Cannon...... it is incidentally now not in that class.

the more qualifications the better but b1.3 in short supply, i'm led to believe

That is true, but then so is B1.2 as well
I can't remember everything on mine as it fills the page,

Think it is B1.1, A1, B1.2, A2 and C as well as still holding a BCAR licence and being a Nominated Engineer as well. :p

Incidentally have you seen the latest letter from the CAA regarding Complex work? if you cannot find any suitable company to clear your resparing work, they are now saying they may issue a dispensation for an BCAR B and D licenced engineer to clear a EASA aircraft.......... hmmm :oh: why not have done that in the first place, given us all dispensation to clear all Easa aircraft on our BCAR licence and we could have forgot all this Easa dross;)

BAe146s make me cry
30th Aug 2008, 19:41
2 x ATA104 Level III ratings (a/c >5700Kgs)

No point in having countless ratings with limited
experience on these given types/combinations, taking
into consideration UKCAA perceived simplicity.

Incidentally, my ratings do not include BAe146 / RJ :{
However, I remain as sharp as ever on these types.

As for EASA, an expensive waste of time :mad:
Back to work now, I don't do 9-5 like our weak
& passive competent authority.

Regards

BAe146??? :{:{:{

Yoth
31st Aug 2008, 11:21
I've got on of them there Part 66 B1 licences with light aircraft group ratings and complex types below 5700kg (Cessna 421 for example). Up until recently I had a Part 66 with my big stuff on it and BCAR with the small (Para 5.5. and 6.3). When my BCAR came up for renewal, the CAA advised that I should convert my BCAR to Part 66 and so I now have just the Part 66 with everything listed and includes "Group-aeroplanes multiple piston engines-metal structure" I haven't counted how many types that covers, but there are quite a few.

I have a BAe146/RJ type rating as well! They don't make me cry, especially when I get a big wedge of cash for fixing them.:ok:

I'm doing continuing airworthiness now and just about to get my first ARC under supervision from our CAA surveyor.

As for GA maintenance up north, Multiflight at Leeds/Bradford take a lot of beating. There are a few ex-Yorkshire Light guys there. First class, salt of the earth blokes.

JEMAVION
1st Sep 2008, 00:28
On my 66 B2 licence, I have groups, aeroplane and helicopter, 66A.45(g). Anyone know what they are or how to find out? My present outfit are still working the old CAA system and have no info.