PDA

View Full Version : psychological test

Rubençito
25th Aug 2008, 17:01
Hi guys!
After the first interview I had witha Lufthansa regional associated airline I'm going to attend 2 session of psychological test.
They told me that the firs session is the test itself and the second session is a discussion about results from the previous appointment.
Do somebody know what can I expect?And is there any Pilot Psychological Test to consult online?....for free obviously :)
Any suggestion experience or weblink is VERY appriciated...:}

Thanks

Little warrior
28th Aug 2008, 19:57
Hi Rubes,

I work on the ground for a large airline who run their tests in a similar style, test session followed by a discussion with a psychologist, who evaluates your results. I have done 3 sets of these tests in my career and in my opinion the best preparation is to be well rested, fresh, alert and positive. I am sure there are methods which can 'manipulate' your results but due to time constraints, I wouldn't bother. You can have a look at some abstract reasoning tests, but there are so many versions, it's not really possible to 'revise'. There are so many styles of psych test, one common test usually consists of lots of questions such as:

Do you prefer to work: a) Alone b) In a team c) Don't mind

then 50 questions later...

Do you prefer working: a) In a group b) Independantly c) Don't mind

Just give the first answer that comes to mind, don't think about it too much.

There may be shape or pattern sequences for which you may be asked what comes next or which is the odd 1 out.

You may have to fill in the blanks eg. Puppy is to dog what _____ is to cat.

There are many variations, which are not difficult, just make sure you are switched on and don't waste time.

In the second session, you will receive feedback on your test results and the psychologist will evaluate you, as a person. No technical questions, it's all about you and what type of person you are. You may be asked about your family background, hobbies and interests. Data from your tests will reflect what type of person you are and the psychologist will usually make comments about you based on this. Listen to this feedback and try to be positive about the comments made. Be honest and be yourself.

Hope this gives you a rough idea. Best of luck!

LW