PDA

View Full Version : precision air engine failure

iron nuts
25th Aug 2008, 11:04
A Precision Air atr 42 took of from Entebbe Uganda today the 25th and climbed to cruise altitude. While in the cruise the atr experienced an engine failure and returned back to Entebbe. i think i would prefer to fly on the new air Tanzania dash 8s than the ageing atr 42s. after having dodge maint practices before in daresalam, this makes you wonder what the maint is like with precision air!!.

alpha-b
25th Aug 2008, 14:22
sort of things like this happens all the time,that's why as a pilot u get trained recurently for that it's a global language in aviation i don't think it's got to do anything with their maintenance as it's not a recurent situation with precision,beside they made it back successfuly to Entebbe

V1... Ooops
25th Aug 2008, 16:45
A Precision Air atr 42 took of from Entebbe Uganda today the 25th and climbed to cruise altitude. While in the cruise the atr experienced an engine failure and returned back to Entebbe. i think i would prefer to fly on the new air Tanzania dash 8s than the ageing atr 42s. after having dodge maint practices before in daresalam, this makes you wonder what the maint is like with precision air!!

Who are you, a newspaper reporter from the National Enquirer, or the boss's nephew at a competitor of Precision Air?

We have no idea why the engine was shut down... it could have been something as simple as a precautionary shutdown because of a questionable indication.

Until you know the facts and circumstances, speculation and libel such as you wrote above is like pissing down your pant-leg. It might make you feel warm and comfortable, but it is of no value to anyone else.

iron nuts
25th Aug 2008, 17:56
hey Alpha-B obviously you're a Precision Air employee, so can you confirm that it is still 22000 euro to buy a job in the right seat. :E

jetpet
25th Aug 2008, 19:22
will remember tomorrow in my pax brief..." in the unlikely event we lose an engine..don't be alarmed...these things happen all the time...enjoy you flight"....!!!!:ugh:.....

alpha-b
25th Aug 2008, 22:02
Iron-nuts you completely miss the points for your information i don't even leave close to east-africa neither i'm an ATR driver before you start making assumptions.My point was and it also applies to to JETpot or something similar don't base your choice of travelling with another carrier because the other had an air return especially if it's not known as being a recurent problem,i may not know how is precision maintenance record but as far as i'm concerned if their maintenances were that poors they'd have engine failures all the time.You saw the SPANNAIR crash last week in spain,the guys were maintaining their crafts too under more stringent conditions as its JAR125 ops but it still happened definitely if it's a recurent situation with precision i'd think twice before i fly with them.I'm not here to make a fight about it but to make a point because it's an open forum where ideas need be exchanged,so don't be offended