PDA

View Full Version : B1 66 A&C Licence info

Flight time
25th Aug 2008, 11:02
Dear All,
Hope someone could give me some advice regarding B1 JAR 66 usage.
I have a B1 JAR66 Licence with most Boeing/Airbus & engine types, this was converted from BCAR A&C licence in 2005. I have not CRS'd any aircraft or engine since 2004, and my licence is valid until 2010.
Obviously I can't bowl into a company/airline and start CRSing. Therefore what do I need to do ? I have been in the Aeropsace supply sector since 2005, hence no CRSing.

I want to get back into either contracting or permy certifying.
Don't ask me why, just do.

FT :ok:

celtic mech
25th Aug 2008, 11:13
as far as i know you will need to get a human factors course and to be crs'ing you have to have 6 months experience within the previous 2 years. Therefore, you would have to be doing some mech work first (no signing) to get this 6 months experience.

Flight time
25th Aug 2008, 11:23
Cheers :ok: Can I take the HF module or do I have to attend a course?
FT

celtic mech
25th Aug 2008, 11:37
You will need to attend a course. They are one or two days long. Think the human factors remains valid then for 2 years. Maybe have a look on somewhere like airmech and ask about locations/prices for one of these courses. Hopefully someone there may have more info than i have!

spannersatcx
25th Aug 2008, 17:28
Have a read of this DECISION NO 2007/018/R
OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE EUROPEAN AVIATION SAFETY AGENCY (http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/g/doc/Agency_Mesures/Certification_Spec/Decision%202007-018-R.pdf) Full page of decisions here (http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/g/rg_agency_desc_main.php)

Flight time
26th Aug 2008, 14:15
Thanks spannersatcx :ok:

Rigga
29th Aug 2008, 20:46
Apart from all the answers above - you should write to the CAA Engineer Licensing Dept (ELD) for advice - I know there are circumstances where you do not need to certify to renew your licence - Many Airline Back-Offices are run by people in your situation - QA Surveyors are among them.

Ask them - and you'll get the right info.