PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Calendar

beerdrinker
25th Aug 2008, 07:28
Apologiers if this has been covered before. How do you get Outlook (in Office 03) to display an ocurance on only one day. I have computers in 3 time zones GMT; GMT +1 and GMT +2. When I move between these locations I take the .pst file with me on a memory stick so I have my contacts, emails and calendar with me and can up date the Outlook in the new location.

The trouble is that when I put an occurance in it for say Wednesday 3rd when I am in Time Zone GMT. When I put that .pst file in the computer in Time Zone GMT +2 or GMT + 1, the occurance spans 2 days.

(This can be simulated by changs the time zone of the host computer. It has the same effect.)

Does any body know of a fix or patch for this annoying problem.

Thanks,

BD

stickyb
25th Aug 2008, 08:20
This downloadable tool Download details: Microsoft Office Outlook Tool: Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&displaylang=en) will allow you to move your calendar from one time zone to another - should do the trick.

Select Permanent Time Zone Move Mode to permanently move your calendar to a different time zone

beerdrinker
25th Aug 2008, 10:09
sb,

Many thanks,

BD