View Full Version : job oppotunities for low hrs cpl??

jimbo715
24th Aug 2008, 15:09
hi there.

Is anyone aware of any companies that take on low hrs cpl pilots or are most corparate pilots ex airline so have high hrs anyway?

Many thanks

PAPI-74
25th Aug 2008, 18:56
BMI Reg
FlyBe
BMI Baby
Jet2

...all take on. You may have to fund a TR, but will get it paid back over 3/5 years.

Luck will play a large part though.

BizJetJockey
25th Aug 2008, 20:03
Nooo...I wouldn't say most are ex airline. You might offend a few in here with that kind of talk.:=:O

I'd say the majority of guys I know used to be Instructors and then got a lucky break with the smaller charter companies. The willingness to fund your own rating such as a Bravo or a CJ is attractive to some of the smaller companies who tend to have a high turnover of crew and a tight wallet, but there is a big debate about self funding type ratings although I should say that that's more to do with the airline guys.

If you can get a job in ops with a small company or a bigger one for that matter, they may be willing to then graduate you into the right hand seat of a Kingair or a Citation. The size of these companies allows you to become fairly friendly with the boss and they will cut you a break but probably with a bond to keep hold of you.

There are a fair few avenues you can go down but once you find the one that is right, you will get to know people and from there on in it should get a bit easier. As long as you are a nice guy that is!:}

If you show willing and a passion for corporate then you shouldn't go far wrong.

Try PPJN and give some of the small operators a call to see if they can help. If they aren't busy which to be honest, most of them are at the mo (boom boom), then they should be willing to give you some tips or maybe even ask you to drop off your CV.

Good luck!:ok:

Hasher
7th Sep 2008, 19:50
Jimbo
Try EBJ, if you are prepaired to pay for a type rating on either a CJ or an XLS then you will be going in the right direction.
Selection is getting tougher, a Sim ride and interview panel is now the norm...

Hasher

Flintstone
7th Sep 2008, 23:25
PAPI. I believe Jimbo asked about corporate outfits, don't think he's keen on airlines ;)

Jimbo. This side of the business is still a little cliquey. Getting in is as much a case of who you know as what you know. If I were you I would sit down with a big drink, something to graze on and make use of the search function here as this subject has been covered many times. Then, if that doesn't give you enough information, come back and pose specific questions. It's rather difficult to give you advice if we don't know where you are, your plans, what your requirements (terms and conditions) are etc.

Enjoy.

gmac1977
8th Sep 2008, 19:42
I found this website to very helpful.

http://www.handbook.aero/hb_charter.html

Best of luck on your quest!

Arkwright
9th Sep 2008, 09:32
Jimbo, how many hours have you got, and what are you doing for work at the moment?

You say you have a CPL, but can I assume its a frozen ATPL?

Judging from your location, I would suggest Air Charter Scotland, or maybe Gama air ambulance.

Arkwright