PDA

View Full Version : 747-400 Precision Simulator version 1.3 digital joysticks..

Bell Man
26th Feb 2001, 16:24
I have a Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick, does anyone know of where I can get a (generic) emulation driver for this joystick to use with the simulator(If it is possible). I have looked on the Logitech web site and they say the joystick cannot be used in DOS applications as it is a analog joystick. Any info would be much appreciated.
Thankx.

[This message has been edited by Bell Man (edited 26 February 2001).]

QAVION
27th Feb 2001, 13:08
"I have looked on the Logitech web site and they say the joystick cannot be used in DOS applications as it is a _analog_ joystick."

PS1 was designed for analog joysticks, BM. However, the name of your joystick suggests it is a digital joystick. Not good for PS1.

BTW, I have cheap analog Logitec which used to work fine with PS1.3 on my desktop computer before my computer died (Note: My laptop is a different matter, though... My Logitec joystick plugs into a gamecard in the side of my laptop.... and I've lost my throttle control).

I wonder if other joystick manufacturers, such as Thrustmaster have drivers compatible with yours? I seem to recall folks having success with MSFS by using other manufacturers drivers. I'm sure there are folks at the Aerowinx website who can send you drivers.. or help you find drivers.

Rgds.
Q.