PDA

View Full Version : SHARK!!

Richard Taylor
24th Aug 2008, 10:10
Claims that a Great White Shark has appeared around an oilrig 120 miles off the east coast of Scotland.

Was snapped by a sub crew carrying out some sort of survey work deep deep deep underwater.

Experts think it was a GW & that the warmer waters around the oilrig due to extreme temperatures during oil extraction would be perfect for the sharks, as its food would also be hanging about there too.

However some say that the sighting was nothing more than a Porbeagle, which are found in UK waters & a smaller cousin of Jaws.

"You're gonna need a bigger oilrig, min". :eek:

tony draper
24th Aug 2008, 10:16
It's ok they prefer the taste of Australians to Scotsmen.:uhoh:

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Aug 2008, 10:21
Warm water? You wouldn't say so if you saw where they hang about down South in Cape Town. They tend toward where the food is as you mentioned, and seals being a prime food source, it's no surprise to find them where you find seals. Biggest one I saw was off Bird Rock in Port Elizabeth. Looked like a submarine but they're pretty bright and won't harass anything they don't consider food.

Unless you screw around with them. Still waiting for more attacks on humans in the Cape now they've been desensitised by the cage diving crowd.

LordGrumpy
24th Aug 2008, 10:34
Good Grief is nothing safe.
One will have to inflate the paddling pool, fill it with rainwater and create imaginations of sea sun sand....

Richard Taylor
24th Aug 2008, 10:43
Hmm...Cape Town v Aberdeen..............yup, I see your point! :}

Howard Hughes
24th Aug 2008, 10:48
It's ok they prefer the taste of Australians to Scotsmen.
Well it's actually West & South Australians that they seem to like, which just goes to prove they ain't very fussy and will eat just about anything...;)

BlueDiamond
24th Aug 2008, 10:54
White Pointers? Oh, look ... you'd be surprised where those critters can pop up. Any place where you don't expect to find them, really.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/BlueDiamond01/toiletshark-1.jpg

Richard Taylor
24th Aug 2008, 11:21
Now you're taking the piss...:ooh:

You're gonna need a....you can guess the rest...:hmm:

tony draper
24th Aug 2008, 11:30
Hmmm, perhaps they could be pressed into service to help train our swimmers for the next bloody olympics.
:rolleyes:

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Aug 2008, 11:34
...Cape Town v Aberdeen..............yup, I see your point!

Point being the water temperature has very little to do with it. They're found in both warm and cold water where an adequate food source is present.

youngskywalker
24th Aug 2008, 13:16
Thanks for the above picture, it's reminded me to phone my girlfriend...