View Full Version : Stores list For Aircraft Inwards and Entry For Warehousing (Form 209) ???

Alpine Flyer
23rd Aug 2008, 21:51
Our Cabin Attendants are required to fill HM Customs Form C 209 "Stores list For Aircraft Inwards and Entry For Warehousing" for all flights landing in the UK.

All of our flights to the UK arrive from an EU country and immediately return (with all the remaining catering) to an EU country.

I would be interested to know whether other airlines have their Cabin Crew fill this for for flights to the UK from EU countries and/or if this is required for flights within the UK and for flights of UK airlines to the UK.

It looks a bit outdated to me to declare goods moved within the common market so I'd like to learn how others handle this.

Thanks for your help!
(Alpine Flyer, working at the pointy end but trying to save his colleagues farther back useless work ;-)

girtbar
23rd Aug 2008, 22:22
Yip it only started with us last year. I'll fill it in when i remember but on the occasions i've not its never been chased up and the bars haven't burst into flames!

Im not sure what the reasoning is behind the form but who am i to ask?!

:hmm:

TightSlot
24th Aug 2008, 08:36
The form C209 is a declaration to HM Customs in the UK of all the duty/tax free stock in the Bar that is on board the aircraft, either for import into the Bonded Warehouse, or for re-export from the UK. Failure to complete the form, or even to complete it accurately, can result in heavy fines on the individual crew member signing the form and /or the airline.

That said, HM Customs seem to have relaxed somewhat these days, probably because of the sheer volume of flights and scant HM Customs resources. However, my advice would be never to take that relaxation for granted - they can (and do occasionally) turn in a heartbeat and before you know what is happening, you are feeling very lost and vulnerable: Ask those crew that have found themselves talking to the Rummage Squad when in possession of something that they "forgot' to declare - it is an uncomfortable feeling, I'm told.

The C209 and associated stock count are simply part of the flight paperwork i.e. the days work. As a flight commander. you should expect your FA's to comply with local flight paperwork requirements. no matter how tedious or pointless they may appear (the C209 is both): That, in turn, is part of their responsibility to support the flight commander on the day - I suspect that last statement is going to sound rather old-fashioned?

apaddyinuk
24th Aug 2008, 13:15
BA crew defo do it although we dont have to fill out numbers of whats left. We just write in the trolley/seal numbers and sign it.

In Qatar we did a full bar count into the uk.

virgin one
24th Aug 2008, 15:19
We used to do it up to 4 years ago and now its being reintroduced at Lhr.No sweat just turn bottle up side down and count in tenths.Just a bit of counting really.Dont sweat about it!