PDA

View Full Version : ICQ preferences

Radar Departure
25th Feb 2001, 16:20
In my previous ICQ installation I used to have the screen set up so typing by either person was "live" i.e. you could see what the other person was typing as they typed it rather than wait till they finished typing and hit send.

On ICQ2000a, for the life of me I can't find the option to do that. Can anybody help, please? Waiting destroys the intimacy of chat, especially if you are wondering whether the other person is typing an epic or has fallen asleep :)

RD

SR-71
25th Feb 2001, 17:24
Easy, just click on your contact and select "ICQ Chat". Should sort it.

------------------
It's not the destination but the journey that counts.

ICQ# 91029795

Lurk R
28th Feb 2001, 03:45
I'm pretty sure when you hit reply and the reply window pops up there is an "options" button. Use of this button has the option for single screen or dual window messaging.

Squiddley
28th Feb 2001, 06:01
That description sounds like the dual window message. Just a thought, I think there's an option to "don't show this message again" when you first switch between modes, so in case you ticked that option, try resetting to defaults so you get the option back again.

On another note, does anyone else have the additional window for advertising/messages from Mirabilis, which is below the send message window (in single mode) ?? If so, how can it be got rid of? - it's really annoying http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

BRGDS

Opps! I forgot to mention I'm using version 2000b Beta v.4.30 build 3141

[This message has been edited by Squiddley (edited 28 February 2001).]