PDA

View Full Version : "Blocked Senders' list on Outlook Express

Wiley
24th Feb 2001, 19:51
Just had to re-format and start from scratch after a major crash. I've been able to import my old messages and address book from the crashed hard drive but haven't been able to see how to import the 'Blocked Senders' list. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

SEcond question: Outlook Express has a nifty feature that automatically completes an e-mail address for you. (You type the first letter or letters of a name or an e-mail address and it completes the rest for you.) Can this feature be enabled on Outlook? I can't find it on the menus.

Icarus
24th Feb 2001, 21:14
1 - Blocked Senders List and Mail Rules of Outlook Express.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q276/5/11.ASP

2 - Much easier!

From the menu bar select - Tools/Options

Click on the SEND tab.

Make sure the check box is checked for the option - Automatically complete email addresses when composing.

[This message has been edited by Icarus (edited 24 February 2001).]

ExSimGuy
25th Feb 2001, 12:42
I have "blocked senders" on my office account, which I share with other people in the office - so I don't get some of the tedious "newsletters" that other members of the staff subscribe to. The main reason for blocking them was so that I wouldn't have to wait for these, sometimes large, email to download.

Unfortunately, all that Outlook Express seems to do is to download the message anyway but put it straight into "deleted files" folder. Anyone know how I can "really" block them from my machine (but still let others receive them)

Wiley
25th Feb 2001, 12:55
Thanks for the quick reply, Icarus. (I wish I'd had the sense to ask for help on my first question 24 hours ago.)

The instructions you've given me for the automatic e-mail address completion work fine on Outlook Express, but I can't find the same feature on Microsoft Outlook, which I may not have made clear in my original post.

Any ideas where to find it, (that's if it's available)?

Icarus
25th Feb 2001, 13:46
It is not a feature of OUTLOOK only Outlook Express.