PDA

View Full Version : QR F/O resignations??

NIKOLA
22nd Aug 2008, 10:56
is it true that 6 F/Os has resigns last month from A320 ????
is it true that so many command upgraded f/o failed there final ck. and never Gavin another chance to repeat the ck. and appointed as a F/Os on A320 for minimum of 6 months????!!!!!!!
however guys come 2 us in etihad as the system is more flexible u can have 2 chances

qatari001
23rd Aug 2008, 00:54
For the 6 Fo's I don't know may be someone else can confirm...
But for command upgrade, you are given 2 chances in QR as well. (or may be even 3 I m not sure..)
And I know many Fo's who passed their check after the second attempt.
Anyway, how long do you think an FO would get a chance for command upgrade in EY if he joins today? and what's the hours requirement?
From what I heard, it s the same story if not worse regarding this issue...
The big difference I believe is : lifestyle is way better in AUH, also close to DXB where someone can have much more day activities and MUCH better night life! Doha is really behind comparing to AUH/DXB.
Probably you guys have better looking cabin crew as well.... lucky you!
Hope you re enjoying the layovers and the parties after flights in AUH :ok:

Sal-e
23rd Aug 2008, 01:07
QR is a captains airline. For any other position, forget about it.

Terri Wrist
23rd Aug 2008, 04:19
Management Agent Qatari 001 not telling truth today. 1 chance command check, then after 6 month and a long yawn you file opened again. Goat need A320 FO, this is easy answer to crew shortage :E

Why spend time upgrade anyone, it cost money, when cheap gullible pilot walking down street with suitcase and pockets full of dream :E

KRUGERFLAP
23rd Aug 2008, 05:23
QR is only for Captains without the type or Qatari S/O and as well for Expats S/O or for a low experienced F/O pilot without any rating to get more experience and get the type.

For very experienced F/Os typed or not or Captains with type or widebody experience it's a :mad:

NIKOLA
23rd Aug 2008, 07:07
dear QATARI 1 Iam sure that QR. training dept. thy give only one chance for final ck. but for the new joiner thy can have up to 3 chances. personally i know 2 f/o failed their command upgrade final ck. one of them due unstable app. he was stable around 900 feet . and now he is going for 6 month as f/o 320.then May be he will go again for full L.H training?? the other guy also had unstable app. flowed by A go around but still has 2 go for 6 month f/o 320 .!! thy already resign and going to anther airline as dct entry capt. i think thats a big waste for the airline and there pilots, dear QATARI 1 U dont think it will be good 4 the airline and thos F/Os to have extra training from the L.seat instate of R. seat training which is not related to command training ???? Rgarding EY Our command upgrade in 18 monthes and up to 2 chances is granted for ALL. by the way i see some of u r f/o comming to us nowdays although salary is abit less than QR !!!!!!!!!

Two Dogs....
23rd Aug 2008, 07:42
Some Goat Airways FO's live in a dream world Nikola. Some even try to grease their own career wheels by trying (and failing) to put a positive spin on the Poison Dwarfs evil rule. There are prostitutes in every airline, the Goat is no exception :(

Smirnoff N21
23rd Aug 2008, 13:02
Hmm let's see. Crude is pulling back to somewhere btw 80-100 bucks. Consequently a slight feeling of nuisance among the gulf sheiks sets in kinda like shoot we won't have all those billions credited to us any longer. What to do? Well saving on all fronts is the motto which wasn't any different before apart from the blown up ego and the illusion of ruling the world. As usual the management will blow up the hell, blaming everyone else except their own incompetence scratching all the unimportant expenses like upgrades etc. from the budget abusing the situation 9/11 alike. Supporting that are all the panicing skippers in the US and India losing the nerves diverting to ME in a believe of ME to be a safe haven. What does mean for F/Os in QR? Get some pens and a toilet paper to be prepared to write down all the vain promisses. After you're done you know what to do with it, don't you. There's one golden rule in the world "don't give bad credits or you'll be the one to pay for it". Listen to the warnings and try not to give bad credits and you'll be fine.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!:ok:

9.G
24th Aug 2008, 12:20
as someone already mentioned here some are trying to enjoy the rape. Something like since I get screwed anyway let me pretend I'd enjoy it.
Fun? Lighten up? Give us more cash or the upgrade and then lock your self up and lighten up whatever you feel like look in the mirror and smile:}

Mr Ho
26th Aug 2008, 01:24
Why qater emir leave Goat? Big airline, big planes, graet repect all asia. I only leave this place to start brotel when very old with lot of money.

TidaBisa
26th Aug 2008, 02:06
Is the Goat still hiring non-typed folks for DEC on the B-777? I am flying in Asia on a contract which expires in a couple of months. I have around 12,000 TT with 8000 jet and 3000 PIC on the 737NG.

What is the evaluation process like at the Goat? Similar to EK?

BizPilotBrazil
26th Aug 2008, 03:53
Question:

To a low experienced F/O, how long estimated time to upgrade to Captain?

PIPE RIDER
26th Aug 2008, 04:16
6 TO 7 yrs, no comments

dynamicd
26th Aug 2008, 18:52
Krugerflap

Please volunteer information you might have on expat S/o recruitment at qatar airways.I never new they hired expat s/o.

KRUGERFLAP
27th Aug 2008, 04:10
About the Second Officer expat job

Look here.

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/306201-qatar-airways-cadet-pilot-selection.html

tuan74
27th Aug 2008, 15:35
Well.. they do hire expat s/o...I can second Krugerflap for that and for the treatment he mentioned they had in Goat Airlines...:D

Qatar Airways is indeed an airline good for Captains and s/o...:{:{

loc22550
28th Aug 2008, 05:46
Well ..CPT..,F/O..,S/O...,whatever.., we are all in the same boat,same place, same roster,same treatment....