PDA

View Full Version : Agusta 139 rating/CAA approval

griffothefog
22nd Aug 2008, 07:19
Any UK bods out there completed the factory course at Agusta? If so, do the CAA need copies of the test examiners certificate or are Agusta fully approved for the purpose of endorsing the 139 type onto a UK JAA license???
Sod's law if I send all the paperwork in and they need something else to stamp the license! :{

S.M.S
22nd Aug 2008, 07:58
and a big fat cheque.

:):):):p:):):)

212man
22nd Aug 2008, 11:11
It will depend whether or not PLD have the rotorsim (that's the outfit, isn't it?) TRE details on file - if they do, they can just check against the name on the LST form. If you know who is doing the LST then phone PLD and ask. Don't forget the Course Completion Certificate, or there's no chance! :uhoh:

The fat cheques is no joke - they charge you for a type rating and an Instrument Rating, whereas if you were adding a FW type it would be type only! :ugh:

Non-PC Plod
22nd Aug 2008, 11:53
Take an SRG 1173 form with you. It says at the bottom of the form what supporting documentation you need if at a foreign TRTO. (simulator approval, TRTO approval, examiners auth and MCC certificate). You can get the first 3 from Agusta: I am currently writing the course for anyone who needs the last one! (hopefully available later in the year if I get ENAC approval)