PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Faults

touch&go
21st Aug 2008, 18:27
Hi,

Bought an Acer laptop last month and after a few weeks I got an error code 37 on the DVD drive and could not fix the fault, unloaded the drivers and re installed the drivers but it still would not work, so I took it back and exchanged it for a HP, now 24 hours later this laptop has error 39 and the dvd drive isn't working, is it me or just bad look, I have run through the repair as stated on MS and HP web sites but still no joy.

Help

bonzaman
21st Aug 2008, 22:57
Did a Google for "error 39" Lots of matches, try Cannot Access CD-ROM and "Code 31" Error Message in Device Manager After You Remove Adaptec Easy CD Creator from Your Computer (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270008)
While it refers to error 31 it also mentions error 39 in the header

touch&go
22nd Aug 2008, 20:40
Hi, I have copied the fault:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Parapunter
22nd Aug 2008, 22:43
In XP or Vista, click start, then right click computer, from the dialogue box, click manage>device manager then look down the list until you see DVD/CD Rom drives (about four from the top), expand the tab.

If the dvd drive shows a yellow exclamation mark against it, then the driver is missing. Double click the device, select driver & click on update driver. Then ask windows to automatically search for drivers - it will go online & check for a new one. If it is missing a driver, chances are windows will install the driver.

If it fails to do so, try and find the manufacturer & download & install a driver from the website.

Sorry if I'm teaching your granny to suck eggs, but device manager is a great feature in windows.