PDA

View Full Version : H P getting into Bios?

tony draper
21st Aug 2008, 15:28
Nephew has a Hewlet Packard Pavilion Desktop Machine,anybody know how one enters bios on HP Kit?it's not hitting del on boot up,neigbour said its hold F2 on boot up but that dont seem to do anything either.
Greatful for any help.
Machine has not been used for years because it had problems and said nephew got himself a lappy,I was thinking of pulling the hard disk and sticking in a new formated one,but being a store bought puter I'm not sure if it will allow this,is there anything propriety to HP machines tha I should know about?
thanks
tony

green granite
21st Aug 2008, 16:34
Try here Mr D Getting into the BIOS (http://www.inventio.co.uk/gettingintothebios.htm)

spinnaker
21st Aug 2008, 19:44
green granite

I was just passing by and saw your link. Thanks for that, I've been trying to access my bios for the last 4 years.

ta

green granite
21st Aug 2008, 20:09
:ok::ok::ok::ok:

tony draper
21st Aug 2008, 21:34
Thank you Mr G,managed to find it by a system of elimination twere F1,upgraded the operating system from XP home to XP Pro machine seems ok now,reason for sorting this machine is Bro Draper is finally entering the 21st century and getting broad band tinternet.
:)

green granite
22nd Aug 2008, 07:10
Bro Draper is finally entering the 21st century and getting broad band tinternet.

Does that mean you'll be posting twice as fast now Mr D?