PDA

View Full Version : USA DESO Interview

Lookin for Better
21st Aug 2008, 13:40
I have an interview with Cathay for the end of September. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for the first interview. I am an American and have done some research already. Such as what books are good to read and so forth. However Has anyone interviewed recently. I heard the interview has changed from a colleague who interviewed for a US based FO position. Specifically is there still a requirement to know the systems for the different airplanes in their fleet.

peterpower
27th Aug 2008, 01:59
If you hear anything, let me know! I am wondering if the interview is much different for the SO's then the FO's.....

sioux115
27th Aug 2008, 16:02
Same interview for FO and SO, even the Sim rides are the same in the final interview.

poydras
28th Aug 2008, 23:19
try to read handling the Big jets from P. Davies,Ace your technical interview by Bristow (??) becareful the last has some errors in it.
Also aerodynamic for naval aviator.try this as well Advanced Topics in Aerodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aeronautics, Propulsion Systems (http://www.aerodyn.org)
Don't forget the HR side.Too often candidates prep on the tech stuff and forget that CXalso want to see certain things in a pilot.One of the biggest one is commitment to the company.In other words yankees have been famous to leave or return back to the States.
Cx isn' t for everyone.Be ready to a zero political correctness or weird faces expressions at your answers.
It's like been at american idol and dealing with Simon.

All the best.

Cheers