PDA

View Full Version : Forum Exclusivity

POHL
21st Aug 2008, 10:31
Regrettably a catastrophic accident has occurred in Madrid and I express my total sympathies with all directly concerned in its tragic aftermath.

Inevitably, whilst trawling through the specific incident forum I am yet again struck by the clutter caused by ill informed, ignorant and irrelevant observations made by the non professionals.
I do not claim that the aviation professionals can supply the answers immediately nor do I claim that ultimate solutions will be provided by these forums. However what I would appreciate is, some facility to exclude the mindless speculations that these tragedies attract.
Is it not possible to have one part of this website dedicated to professionals alone, authenticated by license ?
After all this is a 'Flight Deck' forum allegedly on a professional pilot site!

I am conscious that this suggestion will meet with the inevitable rants from the 'excluded' depicting arrogant, elitist,iconoclasm but surely a quiet room for sensible informed discussion would be preferable to the cacophony currently endured

PPRuNe Pop
21st Aug 2008, 10:38
In some respects you are right. However, we spend a lot of time deleting a lot stuff that is of the type you mention. It is an inevitable consequence of providing a platform for those who do not have a clue what they are talking about.

But, by and large we control it.