PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning for $30??

Binoculars
7th Jan 2002, 09:24
As a technological moron, I have given up trying to keep track of what can do what with relation to CDRW, DVD, MP3, DVD R, DVD RW or whatever. It doesn't matter a great deal to me since as usual I will wait until the price plummets and there is a standard that the vast majority adopts.

But I am intrigued by the pop-up ad which appears on PPRuNe email promising the ability to burn anything you like on to a DVD for USD30, no DVD burner required, just a CD burner and a DVD player. The whole thing sounds shonky (whoops, can I say that?) or perhaps a little bit doubtful; there is no company name even mentioned anywhere, just a promise of a downloaded manual of step by step instructions. It doesn't even specifically mention that it's a piece of software.

Anybody know anything, or at least be prepared to take a guess?

Julian
7th Jan 2002, 12:31
I woulodnt bother wasting your money, it sounds like it just going to give you a list of sites and instructions you can print off the internet anyway.

They are a number of freeware products around these days that will allow you burn your photogrpahs, video or DVD to a CDR/CDRW. Obviously any DVDs you copy would have to be your own as copying commercial DVDs will land you a spell at Her Majestys pleasure!!!

DVDs are not actually burnt in a DVD format but in VCD, slightly lower quality but better than VHS.

Save your money and just go a search using something like 'Google'.