PDA

View Full Version : Grob Aerospace bankrupt.

cockanelli
21st Aug 2008, 03:39
As it says in the title. I wonder what this will do for the Tutor support.

LOOP.aero (http://www.loop.aero/LPA747/GROB+BANKRUPT.aspx)

Arclite01
21st Aug 2008, 08:02
Absolutely no info about this on the Grob website.

Someone will bail them out I'm sure if the new jet and stuff are as good as they say.......................

Also affected will be Vigilants and Vikings I guess.

Arc

spheroid
21st Aug 2008, 08:15
Absolutely no info about this on the Grob website

If you go to the Grob website....click on Company portrait and then click the latest news link you will find it all there.

Davetron
21st Aug 2008, 15:11
Oh dear, better not break a Tutor in the near future.

Absoulutley lad
17th Nov 2008, 10:28
so I take it that the aircraft (Vigilents) will be okay to fly as long as nothing brakes on them? Because Allot of aircraft such as Tomahawks which have no parts being built (Lycoming engines for example) are still being flown no problem.

teeteringhead
18th Nov 2008, 11:37
There's certainly some Vigis "AOG - awaiting spares - no estimate" which never sounds encouraging ......:(

Flik Roll
18th Nov 2008, 20:17
I read/heard somewhere on the grapevine that this only affected the Grob Biz Jet side of business..... I maybe wrong however?

DB6
18th Nov 2008, 20:42
Give Slingsby a ring at Kirkbymoorside (in Britain) and get them to whistle up some decent (British) aircraft instead :E.

smarthawke
18th Nov 2008, 22:52
Quote: so I take it that the aircraft (Vigilents) will be okay to fly as long as nothing brakes on them? Because Allot of aircraft such as Tomahawks which have no parts being built (Lycoming engines for example) are still being flown no problem.

Funny, didn't seem to have any problem getting Lycoming parts at work today - probably as they are very much still being built. Tomahawks are out of production but most parts are still available through Piper although some are scarce and you have to hunt for them.