PDA

View Full Version : Is the Sony VGN-FW11E Laptop Powerful/ strong enough for FSX?

Luigi_Aviator
20th Aug 2008, 20:11
:)

I'm getting a new laptop, and have come across this sony laptop which features the below specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 Processor, runs on Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system, and incorporates 3GB DDR2 RAM along with a huge 250GB hard drive

"The Sony VGN-FW11E laptop computer measures 384 x 261 x 29mm with a weight of 3.1kg and features a 16.4 inch X-black widescreen display, DVD Super Multi double layer optical drive, ATi Mobility Radeon HD 3470, 3 USB ports, Firewire connection, wireless enabled."

It's got intel core duo 2.4 ghz; what bugs me though is that the graphics card only has 256mb dedicated memory; though i know i can add more via more ram.

Do, do you think it's got a chance of getting frame rates of around 25-30 on fsx, or is it worth looking for a more powerful PC on the graphics card front?

Also, are ATI graphics cards all that good for FSX, or are NVIDIA ones generally better?

Many thanks for your answers!!

green granite
21st Aug 2008, 06:31
Or there is a review of it's stable mate the FW11ZU here
PC Pro: Product Reviews: Sony VAIO VGN-FW11ZU (http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/216435/sony-vaio-vgnfw11zu.html)