PDA

View Full Version : Russia rampages in Georgia - Latest!

old,not bold
20th Aug 2008, 17:14
Extract from a Georgian friend's email, sent a short while ago......

Just back to office from refugee camps, we're distributing food, gas, mats, blankets, etc.

If its easier for you, you can send pound or euro, I got separate accounts for each currency (see below):

We are still in very deep shit, they are seizing more and more territories, burning houses, taking hostages and looting everything from boats to toilet seats, and what they canít take they are blowing it up. Its really like in middle ages!

The accounts he mentions are for relief funds; if you would like more information, please PM.

Roger Sofarover
20th Aug 2008, 17:29
Old not bold

The progression of this crisis does indeed seem to be truely horrendous, and i am sure we are not getting accurate reports of what is really happening due to intimidation/blocking of the media. Just be cautious about relief funds etc. We don't know who you are, and we don't know how long you have known him. I am not being horrible, just objective thats all.

old,not bold
20th Aug 2008, 19:46
That's why I didn't post the fund details.

If I get a query via PM, I'll provide all the information needed for anyone to evaluate.

I was not promoting the fund particularly, it was the news from someone in the thick of it that's interesting.

Roger Sofarover
20th Aug 2008, 20:06
Ok. I still urge caution on behalf of anyone. Thanks