PDA

View Full Version : Air India or Jet Air

zanng
20th Aug 2008, 15:52
Any thoughts on the pros and cons of working for Air India vs Jet Air? I'm looking at a contract for Jet Air through an agency called Titan Aviation, or possibly a contract through Nex-Gen for Air India. I'm a first time contractor, so I could use some insight!

Canuck15
20th Aug 2008, 16:10
why not apply to Jet directly ...www.jetairways.com....the agencies are full of C**p

bad_attitude
20th Aug 2008, 17:55
go for 9W, eye's closed ...

On Final
21st Aug 2008, 00:15
New company, full of promises be careful..!

NGFellow
21st Aug 2008, 00:34
Jet Airways would be a better choice. Apply through their website. AI Express needs 73NG pilots but as a Govt organization you will find it to engage in the usual slow paced bureaucracy. Pay at Jet is just as good if not better. Then again, apply to both and pick after you have offers!
If you want to consider the Middle-East then look at FlyDubai or OmanAir.

sim01
21st Aug 2008, 08:24
Forget about titan aviation , just a bunch of low down crooks / liars / incompetant / sh1t heads who will screw you totally , hands off them , go direct to Jet as better conditions etc or just stay out of this country and go to china / japan , life will be totally better

TopTup
21st Aug 2008, 14:25
Aviation in India is (in my opinion) recovering and settling down somewhat after a huge boom. Things are still moving, growing, etc but the consolidation phase is also happening. I also think that the industry in India will be vastly different in the not too distant future by way of carriers and structure. This is forced upon them by fuel prices and present corrupt, mismanaged, unethical management processes.... Just do your research into the current financial status of them. (Sorry of that offends anyone...! Just my experience to speak of.)

I did a stiint with AI. Again, do your research on this web site topic, especiaslly with regards to expats in AI. Needless to say, I ran for the hills. My integrity got the better of me. No need to speculate further, but for your own sake, do as much research as possible!

Call the agencies you speak of and ask for someone's contact details presently working in India and have a chat. Just an idea.

LETSGOEFLY
27th Aug 2008, 14:47
They lied to me about other contracts out there. They pay almost $2000 per month less than others. DISHONEST GROUP!!!!

This is a response to Nex-gen.
THEY SUCK :mad:

Geebz
29th Aug 2008, 01:41
Next Gen is offering $6500 a month for B747-400 CAPTAINS. What does that tell you about them?

Companies like this constantly sprout up thinking they can treat pilots like crap. They sell themselves to the airlines they work for by saying they can get pilots for much cheaper. Very few sign up and those that do end up leaving. At the end of the day, you've gotta' pay to play when it comes to managing pilot's expectations. NextGen simply just doesn't understand this.

AIEXPATS
31st Aug 2008, 00:29
Hey Z, do you really need this job? Unless these are the only 2 offers you have, I would think twice before coming to work here. There are other places, Japan for instance, where you will actually get paid for the hours you work (overtime at AI rarely gets paid) and where you will have a much higher quality of life while at work. Have you ever been here? You have to walk with your hand covering your behind all the time, because you will be overbilled at every hotel check out, every time you take a cab (better ride the tuk tuk), everytime you buy something and most importantly your schedule will change every other hour, leaving you sleep deprived and in the long run extremely dissatisfied. If you are used to bidding and having a schedule a week before the month begins, well, not here. You will have a tentative weekly schedule, with a mix of morning, nights, whatever. Circadian rhythms mean nothing here but your body will remind you of their existence. Hygiene is a major concern; a lot of people have visited the local clinics with all sorts of ailments and in the best case scenario you will enjoy a few nights in the toilet. Sewerage system? Smell the air in Mumbai! Oh, and a lot people don't use deodorant and they smell like they have not had a shower in days. I could go on forever, but in short, it's a tough gig. See these posts about lying? It's virtually an epidemic, cheating is a way of life. It reads ugly, but it's true, every expat (especially westerners) will confirm it. Anyway, your choice of course, but there are better opportunities, I am leaving shortly. Best luck, whatever you decide.

fullforward
31st Aug 2008, 07:22
...unfortunately, all true...
of course a lot better at 9W...

GSMini
31st Aug 2008, 08:49
AIEXPATS...Totally true. Nothing else to say.

beykoz
2nd Sep 2008, 06:52
HEY ....SHUT UP AND LEAVE TO WHEREVER YOU COME FROM.
I HOPE YOU ARE BORN IN A SLUM OF A DEVELOPING COUNTRY IN YOUR NEXT BIRTH UNLESS OF COURSE YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO... SANS DEODORANTS.
I love my country and think it has a lot more character than most of the developed countries i have travelled to. A lot of expats have chosen India as their home because they have come to love the celebration of life in India. The good the bad and the ugly ....which is and should be a part of everyone's experience.
AIEXPATS.... Leave before you are thrown out.

Beykoz...........It's CREW to COMPLAIN

av8r76
2nd Sep 2008, 15:25
AIE explains in detail what ails India and gives us a picture of the grim reality that is India.

And all you can retort with is a vague 'celebration of life' comment and a little ditty about character. No one likes their country to be ragged on but if you have to say something please be civil and be constructive in your comments.

fullforward
2nd Sep 2008, 18:10
I have numerous Indian nationals friends and they FULLY AGREE with the comments posted above...
Not using deodorants (even having money to buy it), no showering on regular basis and not honouring contracts have nothing do to with national pride or poverty level.
Why not try to learn the good things from other people and spare the bad ones?
India is a great nation with lots of impressive achievements.

fullforward
4th Sep 2008, 03:06
I was almost getting some condescendent regard on these types but, frankly speaking, there are only teens trying to play the "macho" men defending their country...
I re-read AIX post and found nothing ofensive, but pure reality...he was giving an advice for fellows considering India. Just be prepared to constant cheating, not respecting signed contracts, which seems to be a national sport.
And, of course, lack of basic hygiene, even among middle class people.
India is not the only country with this characteristics. AIX was only suggesting to consider more organized and advanced alternatives.
To realize your own problems is part of overcome them...simply like this.
There's no need to post offensive bs.
I say again, my Indian friends FULLY AGREE with the post.

getsetgo
4th Sep 2008, 03:38
al fakham

Lots of "shooting the messenger" going on here http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/pukey.gif

Top 20 companies 2008 according to Forbes:

what matters is who gives you the job.
forget 20
top 1000 companies are available
you can choose
country
place to live
money
life

its only India

accomodating
respectful
welcoming
simple.....................enjoy it

Pushpak
4th Sep 2008, 06:34
why are we all being silly....if one does not like the place just move on..........remember the license is as only valid as long as the medical is..why the unnecessary stress..health is wealth.
I pity the complaining pilots, i really wonder how do you operate under such stressful conditions.
me of to the bar....cheers

spedfast
4th Sep 2008, 06:44
I would agree with what fullforward has to say. I have been a visitor to these forums for years but hardly ever posted.
I would also largely agree with what AIX had to post. He has merely pointed out his observations in a foreign land. Now whether you view them cynically or constructively, its upto you.
Sure India has taken some great strides in business and industry, and sure X number of Indians may be in the riches list. Do not forget that so do a third of the worlds poor live in India. Even after spending millions our roads still resemble the surface of the moon. Millions still live in slums with ZERO 'facilities' like drainage, sewage, drinking water etc. I could go on. Its harsh, but its true.
These ARE the facts. India comes with a lot of baggage.On the other side, the economy is booming and there are a lot of jobs in general.
So lets take the good with the bad and pour cold water on this thread before it goes the the direction of another recent thread...
cheers

willfly380
4th Sep 2008, 07:10
some bloke is just trying to ask a question.. whether he should go for Air India or Jet Airways . and what have we turned it into.....
Today even for an indian national the first choice would be jet . Not because AI is any less , but simply because of the REDTAPE which comes as a ribbon with any GOVT package.
Ofcourse you would have considered the elemantary things like money etc before asking this question as i understand.

av8r76
4th Sep 2008, 10:26
Having been here for the last 2 decades I have seen countless stories of what the meaning of life is here. However, just open up the paper from last week and recall a lady knocked down by a bus and bleeding to death on a busy intersection in broad daylight with nothing but a sea of gawkers waiting for her life to be snuffed out (including inexplicably the journo who took the photograph as well).

You tell me how that is a 'celebration of life'. What you need to understand is that everything in India is not bad... but there is a lot and I mean a lot for improvement... not just economically... but socially as well.

Accept the fact that there are some things fundamentally wrong here and the all pervasive chalta hai attitude needs to go.

getsetgo
5th Sep 2008, 00:40
jet or AI both are good
i feel AI is better bet bcz chalta hai (continue) attitude.
secondly ,lots depands upon personal situation and needs.
remember ,their is nothing which is 100% perfect ,
even at the best working place you can find every thing wrong.
it depands how you look at it.,and the periscope you use.

as avr76 says about this country ,i can add another point...
this is the only country where people pay tax after retirement(60+),
this is after giving best years of the life to the country and still do not get respect of senor citizens as is done in other countries.

if you come to india donot get shocked by such daily happenings, get acclaimatised to the speed ,and life .