PDA

View Full Version : Shaved heads - yay or nay?

thefatcontroller1988
19th Aug 2008, 03:00
Sooo I read recently that for an interview men should have short tidy hair but not shaved, and it occurred to me I'd not seen male cabin crew with shaved heads on my travels.

As someone who is into the way of shaving their own head it begs the (potentially stupid) question, am I in better stead if I let my hair grow out?

(Wow, possibly the weirdest first post ever :8)

Breeza
19th Aug 2008, 05:51
I think it depends on the person, some guys look totally hot with a shaved head, yet others look like complete thugs.... :\

When I went to my VRD they said neat and tidy. Shaved IS neat and tidy.... :hmm: Interesting question though.....

I Just Want To Fly
20th Aug 2008, 22:56
My VRD, the recruiter described it as "Not too short, Not too long".

I think if you are have a receding hairline, then it's better to shave it off!

If you have a full head of hair, then make the most of it!

sikeano
23rd Aug 2008, 10:10
Hair discrimination amongst CC's what next :p

konkrete
1st Sep 2008, 14:51
I have found that most airlines have regulations regarding length of shaved heads e.g completely shaved or grade 2 nothing in between and then not longer that grade 3. In practice as long as you are presentable then it is unlikely anyone will get the ruler out to check.

HighHeeled-FA
4th Sep 2008, 21:44
Tough question,

a freind of mine with receeding hairline asked me what the stance would be. Unfortunately in his case, he would look a thug if he shaved it off to lets say a number 1. He's built.

But the avaerage male FA would not look a thug with shaved hair. my advice to you would be to ask others how they would percieve you if you did shave your head.

thefatcontroller1988
6th Sep 2008, 05:34
But the avaerage male FA would not look a thug with shaved hair

That's what I'm banking on :eek: Started doing it myself a few months ago, luv it! But giving it a rest for now just in case :O