PDA

View Full Version : CC vacancies and my GCSE's

flyin_phil
18th Aug 2008, 18:42
hi everyone

u can probably guess from the title what im going to ask, but looking for advice and thoughts. im currently BA T5 baggage staff but only on temp contract, and with the fuel going up, my job is looking less certain for permanant. im wanting to apply for cabin crew which has alwasy been my aim, but the few that are currently recruiting 'BMI and Qantas' they all say i need minimum 4 GCSE A-C. now im the 1st to say i did quite badly in my GCSE 11 years ago and do regret not doing better, but in the years like naturally we all learn and get better at things. will this effect my chances of getting job as cabin crew? ahh i got was a C in french, the rest below. like i say im not proud of it, but ive learnt alot in life and with previous jobs.

many thanks for reading

phil

Crew_Girl_2
18th Aug 2008, 19:28
Hi there!

My higest grade is a D and i have been flying for 4 years now as cabin crew. I have applied for Qantas and was honest with them about my grades and was still invited to an interview next month. Apply and see what happens....

flyin_phil
18th Aug 2008, 20:17
thankyou for the reply, i will apply to the few that are recruiting and talk ur advice, and i think ur right, they are happy if ur honest with everything.
thanks again

Abusing_the_sky
18th Aug 2008, 23:09
Regardless of your GCSE's, if you have the willing and you're smart enough to learn the airline's SEP manual inside out, know it by heart, pass the exams and apply it on-line, you are fire proof!

Good luck with your upcoming interviews

Rgds,
ATS