PDA

View Full Version : Etihad A330 roster

Tad
18th Aug 2008, 13:04
Hi there, hoping for some info please, my husband is about to start training on the A330...
Any info you would have about what a roster would look like ie:longest/shortest trips etc would be great.
Just to have some idea what to expect..

His interview was for a different fleet, so we dont have any info on A330.

Thank you.....

cameljockey
4th Sep 2008, 08:56
Shortest trip is 4 hours total time at work including briefing. Longest at the moment is 9 days.

Expect about 10 days off a month 10-12 days flying and the rest stby duties.

Expect the roster to change on a daily basis, so any plans become totally irrelevant.

Have fun..

dubble_dubble
4th Sep 2008, 14:47
cameljockey,

can you explain what constitutes a 9 day trip? ie can you give a specific example of all the places you would fly to starting from AUH and ending at AUH that would take a total of 9 days.

Many thanks.

EY346Driver
4th Sep 2008, 15:23
He's talking about the Abu Dhabi-Singapore-Brisbane-Singapore-Abu Dhabi trip.

Tad
4th Sep 2008, 18:51
Thank you all for the info, sounds like it could be interesting......................

daviddea
10th Sep 2008, 18:50
Is it possible to live in southern Dubai and work at EY as pilot

EY346Driver
11th Sep 2008, 07:08
If you're willing to deal with the traffic in Dubai, anything is possible. Several of our guys have bought houses in Jebel Ali and live there.

fractional
11th Sep 2008, 13:29
daviddea, it's much easier to get to AUH than to DXB from southern Dubai (Jebel Ali or Marina areas). 4 lanes all the way and back at your disposal and with lights at night. You don't find this stuff in many places worldwide.
I wished they were solar-powered. No reasons for not to be with so much sunshine. I guess no need, as yet, to think about it with so much oil and at over 100$ a barrel.

daviddea
11th Sep 2008, 14:45
Thanx guys how about our resident visa is that good in DXB also as well as AUH

Iver
11th Sep 2008, 21:10
Tad,

Did your husband interview for the 777 or A320 fleet? I hear people with Boeing time are getting preference for 777 fleet.

EY346Driver
12th Sep 2008, 06:19
With the residence visa you will get from EY you can live anywhere in the UAE.

Tad
12th Sep 2008, 07:30
He interviewed for the 777.

Jetjock330
12th Sep 2008, 08:36
Who is actually going to fly the B777? You or your husband?:}

frankbama
12th Sep 2008, 16:19
Hey JetJock; Nothing wrong with a wife that does the research. Maybe Tad's husband is busy flying. Besides the roster effects the hole family, as she is the one who will be in a foreigen country with the kids. I think it's great that a wife is interested in her husband's career.:ok:

KRUGERFLAP
12th Sep 2008, 19:01
Hi TAD,

You said that in a previous post :

=> Hi there, hoping for some info please, my husband is about to start training on the A330.

and than.

=> He interviewed for the 777..

so He is going to 777 or 330.Anyway good luck in the sand pit

Jetjock330
12th Sep 2008, 19:47
Frankbama,
Maybe Tad's husband is busy flying.Husband been flying since 18th August! I don't think so!

I would've thought the husband would be making the inquiries by now, as he is the one that is going to be working/flying here in the end. After that he would discuss it with the wife and see what's good for the family.

We actually have the wives flying in EY, whilst the husbands are not pilots at all!:)

my husband is about to start training on the A330...If he is about to start, that would indicate that he has accepted the job already, and it's not going to make a difference to the family now. However, as soon as he starts, he has access to the AIMS and is able to look up other pilots roster's, to have an idea.

I don't know anyone that is going to give themselves away by showing off their rosters to an unknown source. I don't know of pilots complaining about their rosters on the A330 fleet, other than 2am departures, which applies to all fleets, but this doesn't mean that there are no complaints at all. I am not aware of them as I write this piece.

Longest flight is Bejing to Abu Dhabi with a 3 man crew. A330
Longest flight away from home is about 9 days Abu Dhabi-Singapore-Brisbane-Singapore-Abu Dhabi. A330
Longest two man sectors is possibly Abu Dhabi-Johannesburg A330

I welcome correction regarding the above, or below.

Layovers are not very long, from 3 hours (Split duty-hotel time??? yes this is correct, 3 hours) in Delhi, in the hotel if an A332 flies it (usually A340), 6 hours in Mumbai hotel(split duty usually), 12 hours Johannesburg some days and another at 33 hours, 12 hours Paris and some longer 2 nights, 24 hours London. Brussels is longer as the flights are not daily. Longest layover I believe is a Milano, 3 nights.

Have a look at the website and find all the destinations, but it will take a long time to fly to them all. Your husband might be lucky and specialize in Peshawar a few times.:}

One roster request per month.

Flights that are double daily, have shorter 12 hour lay overs eg. Dublin, Johannesburg. London's are usually 24 hours.

I hope this all helps you TAD and I trust you will pass it onto your husband then!:}

CanadaRocks
12th Sep 2008, 19:49
Krug....You should not drink alone!

KRUGERFLAP
12th Sep 2008, 20:15
Drink is the only way to live in the sand my friend,LOL

Tad
12th Sep 2008, 20:17
HI guy's

Mr Tad here........
Just to set the record straight, I was interviewed for the 777 in july, was told in august that they no longer had positions on that fleet and offered the 330.
That is why We where anxious to get an idea of roster for 330, as we pretty much knew what the 777 did from the interview.
Yes I have been extremely busy flying, being the summer season here in charterville.......
As we both fly,don't see why it would matter which one of us should make the enquiries as it effects both our lives.
Thank's to you all that gave us valuable and informative info....
We are looking forward to getting out there in the next few months....
Safe Flying

flydawg1
12th Sep 2008, 23:31
What are the duty and flight time limitations. Do they use the FAA regulations or ICAO or is it something else?

What are the rest requirements? What are hotels you stay in like? How long are the overnights?
What are the average monthly days off?
How often can you travel out of the country with your family?

fractional
13th Sep 2008, 08:50
Thanx guys how about our resident visa is that good in DXB also as well as AUHAt the moment it is and I hope it stays as long as Dubai and Abu Dhabi are part of the UAE. I say at the moment because the UAE is one country, but sometimes they differ on few little things...