PDA

View Full Version : GF Pay rates, schedule and housing

tankdrvr
17th Aug 2008, 22:36
Can anybody give me the new pay rates for Gulf Air. I have done all the research and the latest I have for A320 F/O first year is 2150BHD per month plus 6 an hour.

Also how is the schedule are there many overnights or alot of 1 day trips to India.

How is the company provided housing. Is finding an appartment on your own as hard as in the other gulf states.

Any help would be great and if your one of those helpful guys your likes to write do the research. Please save your time.

Does anyone have an interview coming up.
Cheers

brassplate
18th Aug 2008, 07:01
gf is not looking at south africans right now. some tend to run off to ek or ey without paying their bonds. gf just a door mat to them. cry 'discrimmination' and i'll reply 'that's fresh'.
the ones who are still in bah have been there for years. not opportunists like recent generations. any replies against what i say, my answer is 'facts are facts' and 'bite me'.

Capt Hair Y Balls
19th Aug 2008, 04:57
We used to have a ton of guys from SA, all a great bunch. I for one miss the great bries and good ol piss ups we used to have on the beach.

As far as bond jumping, I believe it has nothing to do with nationality Brassy. It's got to do with how many times you've been screwed by staff travel !!

allovertheplace
19th Aug 2008, 06:54
So would GF still hire SA pilots? Applied but no response yet! Sorry MOD, I know this is bit off the topic.

Sal-e
19th Aug 2008, 12:46
Taking care of numbero uno I guess. Loyalty is overrated to a lot of people nowadays. I'm afraid I'm not one of them. I wonder what I stand to lose out because of this. In a way, companies don't reward tangibly too for loyal employees. Eats too much from the bottom line maybe?

Capt Hair Y Balls
20th Aug 2008, 10:02
........and following that Camel Jocks, Hoover operators and a partridge in a pear tree.

repapips
20th Aug 2008, 12:46
hahaha

just in time for christmas...

:ok:

Capt Hair Y Balls
21st Aug 2008, 09:37
Yes siree Bob, and the Turkey is halal

DashRiprock
21st Aug 2008, 11:48
I see their new hiring buzz for GF. Most of my time is on a Cessna Caravan, and 400 on a Twin otter all PIC. Any luck for a fella like me?? Canadian ATPLS 1500TT.

I have applied in the past, thought I would ask someone from the inside. Just doing my best to get into the Sand Pit.

Cheers

srileyc
21st Aug 2008, 14:27
Does anyone know what GF accepts as "copy of logbook" that you attach to the app online? In other words, does it need to be digital (which I don't do) or can you scan and attach the last few pages of your logbook? Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Cam32
21st Aug 2008, 15:16
Scan 10 pages and the important stickers in the logbook, this is what I think I did.....

I think they just need some proof of experience and licences

This is not official info....G Luck

tankdrvr
26th Aug 2008, 19:21
Info I just got is 2100BHD per mth plus allowances (650BHD for house). As for log book copy. I scanned the last two pages of my log book. A320 so far, no overnight but they do have 'stand ups'. Generally hours 60 to 65 hrs per mth, but can do more, pay is extra if on your day off.

Cheers

Albergineman
26th Aug 2008, 20:10
Base Salary (entry level).......................................2100
Seniority system (per year).......................................50
Allowances:
- Housing (married)................................................650
- Housing (single)...................................................5 50
- Schooling (primary)............................................1500
- Schooling (secondary)........................................2500
Pay per Block Hour.....................................................6
Pay per Time Away From Base Hour.........................1.5