PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of whisky cases stolen

asiaseen
17th Aug 2008, 21:52
About 3,000 cases of whisky have been stolen from a lorry in Coatbridge, near Glasgow.

Strathclyde Police appealed to anyone offered cut price bottles of whisky to contact them.

and please can they come to the party?

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Thousands of whisky cases stolen (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7566627.stm)

Parapunter
17th Aug 2008, 22:05
Not funny this. I've shifted booze for years on an industrial scale & had lots and lots of problems becuae of it.

I've suffered vehicle break in's, diversion fraud, vehicles followed and drivers attacked, trailers stolen, theft by drivers, fraud by customers, fraud by consignees, the lot.

However, the worst of the lot was a lorry parked overnight was broken into whilst the driver was asleep in the cab & woken, he called the police. They turned up, found a few cases a few feet away & asked the driver if they could help themselves.

He said: "Well, that would be stealing, wouldn't it?"

Coppers left empty handed. That one really pissed me off.

DX Wombat
17th Aug 2008, 23:15
Anyone been to check a certain Zummerzet cellar recently? :} :E ;)

Muffin Themule
17th Aug 2008, 23:32
Anyone seen Con Pilot? :=

tony draper
17th Aug 2008, 23:35
The Police should seek out vehicles converted to run on spiritous liquor,they's hardly going to drink good fuel.
:rolleyes:

con-pilot
17th Aug 2008, 23:47
Anyone seen Con Pilot?

Sorry, I've been busy stashin.......err, hum, hiding, yeah that's it, hiding Christmas presents. Ya can't start too early you know. :oh:

Besides that ya can't prove a thing. I had a mask on when I.........oops. :\

Standard Noise
18th Aug 2008, 02:45
Lorry load of whisky disappears in Scotland shocker!
So the residents of Eriskay finally ran out of the 1940's vintage then have they?;)

Romeo India Xray
18th Aug 2008, 09:07
Meanwhile at MAN ....... an Aeroflot crew are arrested for being way over the limit. :}

Howard Hughes
18th Aug 2008, 10:05
I had a mask on when I.........oops.
What you and Mrs Pilot do on your own free time is up to you...;)

Now bring out 'the gimp'!:}