PDA

View Full Version : Airports Named After Individuals: Most Ridiculous

Seat62K
17th Aug 2008, 11:21
Reading another thread has given me an idea for a new one.
In your opinion, what is the most ridiculous name given to an airport? (Please only refer to airports named after people.)
Three I can think of: Houston George Bush:yuk:, Liverpool John Lennon:yuk:, Belfast George Best:yuk:. I'm sure there must be others.
This is only a bit of fun, so please don't get offended!
Over to you, now......

pwalhx
17th Aug 2008, 11:52
Perhaps some explanation why you think it is ridiculous to name airports after famous people, to use your examples:

George Bush - An American president and Texan, has an airport in texas named after him, seems sensible, dont see you saying JFK or Ronald Reagan as being wrong.

John lennon - Well a proud Liverpudlian and a world famous musician, again as worth as say Munich being named after Strauss.

George best - Arguably one of the finest footballers the world has ever seen and came out o Belfast.

All seem worthy of such an accolade to me.

Sorry am I missing the point somewhere??

luvly jubbly
17th Aug 2008, 11:52
Frederic Chopin Airport - Warsaw

Benazir Bhutto, Islamabad.

Or any of the Greek airports which really annoy you by not using their city name on the VOLMET!

Or last but not least, this idiotic venture... Bid To Name Airport After Matt Le Tissier (from This is Hampshire) (http://www.thisishampshire.net/mostpopular.var.2280685.mostviewed.bid_to_name_airport_after _matt_le_tissier.php)

sammy01
17th Aug 2008, 12:06
Gdansk Airport = Lech Walesa

Doncaster = Robin Hood

Ian Brooks
17th Aug 2008, 12:14
How about Stansted MOL?

I`ll get my coat

Ian

luvly jubbly
17th Aug 2008, 16:26
O'Leary International hahahahahahahahaha

Nice one:ok:

apaddyinuk
17th Aug 2008, 16:28
Well I personally believe that Dublin Airport should be renamed "Ronnie Drew" after a true "Dubliner"!!! Most apt in my opinion!

TSR2
17th Aug 2008, 17:33
How about Blackpool Sir Stanley Matthews Airport or perhaps more appropriately some might say, Charlie Cairoli Airport.

chiglet
17th Aug 2008, 18:46
John lennon - Well a proud Liverpudlian and a world famous musician?????Yes, so proud he swanned of to the USDoncaster...Robin Hood??? Everybody knows that he came from BarnsleyGeorge Best..Hmm, the Welsh [think that] they can sing. The Irish just drinkDon't forget Coventry....William Shakespear Intl????Humberside...Fat Slob IntlLeeds....Foggy Hilltop Intlwatp,iktch

chiglet
17th Aug 2008, 18:50
Sorry, but my last reply is gibberish.I have changed Browsers, but I think that I am going for a total rebootwatp,iktch

RED WINGS
17th Aug 2008, 18:54
Coventry surely should be Sir Frank Whittle International!!

As for George Best International Hmm I thought drunken violent behaviour was frowned upon in the aviation industry!

Fantome
17th Aug 2008, 19:22
Oh I do like chiglet for a name, CHIGLET INTERNATIONAL, and the stuff you come out with is well . . .. .better not rave on here . ... .'cept to say no airport or even municipal toilet should be named for mere mortals. The Pythons went to town on those aldermen of little distinction immortalising themselves the way they do in droves in drives, and courts and closes. You never had Inuit, Maori, or any aborigine for that matter naming significant features without somehow capturing the strength and beauty of their language.

TSR2
17th Aug 2008, 19:56
Jordan for Bristols :ok:

BYALPHAINDIA
17th Aug 2008, 20:12
Think It's a load of 'Ballacks' really.

John The Lennon Airport........:ugh:

What did George The Best ever do - Drink - Poor BFS.:ugh:

Shed-on-a-Pole
17th Aug 2008, 22:29
My personal favourite has long been the airport serving Port Louis, Mauritius:

SIR SEEWOOSAGUR RAMGOOLAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

Don't know who he is/was, but what a great name!

eastern wiseguy
17th Aug 2008, 23:28
Poor BFS

Oi !! leave us out of it:ok: BHD are the ones with "the drunk who was rarely on time or were he was required" moniker:ok:

BYALPHAINDIA
18th Aug 2008, 00:02
Or, Sir Matt Busby - MAN Int Airport.

HeathrowDictator
18th Aug 2008, 01:32
How about "Roy Chubby Brown" for DTVA?? :ok:

Or Steve McClaren International? :ugh:

-HD-

dubh12000
18th Aug 2008, 07:01
There was a move recently to name Cork's new Terminal the "Rory Gallagher" International Airport.

blue monday
18th Aug 2008, 08:04
Barton now called City of Manchester Airport, its pathetic (bl**dy peel holdings)- a grand name for a small but fun and bumpy Grass strip! But everyone still calls it barton anyhow.

FougaMagister
18th Aug 2008, 08:04
pwalhx - the stupid side in naming Houston Airport after George Herbert Walker Bush (Bush Senior) is that the former US President is still very much alive! Smacks to me of the cult of personnality.

Imagine the reaction if some Northern England airport was named after Tony Blair...

Cheers

asiaseen
18th Aug 2008, 09:33
S-o-a-p, Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam (शिवसागर रामगुलाम) was PM of Mauritius for 21 years and then Gov-Gen until he turned in his licence in 1985. Good job they didn't use the scribble version of his name!

Perhaps the worst run airport in UK should be re-named Paula Radcliffe. Any suggestions?

tony draper
18th Aug 2008, 09:44
Dunno about airports but used to drive past a tower block in Bradford I think it was, called Arthur Scargill House and another named after Nelson Mandela,prolly a few named after old Bob Mugabe scattered about the land as well.
Of course the biggest obscenity of all,a plaque on the Moon with Tricky Dickie Nixon's name ont.
:uhoh:

chris_tivver
18th Aug 2008, 09:46
Sureley the best would be for tel Aviv airport to be renamedDana International

Low Flier
18th Aug 2008, 10:20
John Lennon Airport, named after the guy who wrote the words:
Imagine no possessions!

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
18th Aug 2008, 10:42
Naming aerodromes after people is something done by bloody foreigners. Why are we even thinking about it? Is this yet more forced multiculturalism? I'd be quite happy if such nonsense would die a quiet death in the forlorn hope that we may regain some national dignity. Speaking of dying, we'll have bunches of flowers and shrines at roadside slot spots next; or even applauding a funerals! Bugger; I'm forgetting; "we" already do that!

Sorry, I'm really not entering into the spirit of this, am I. OK, John Lennon: is that the zenith of personal achievement in the 'Pool?

denis555
18th Aug 2008, 11:28
Totally agree with GBZ above.

My fear is that we are not far off sponsored airports a la football stadiums.

Welcome to Coca-Cola London Heathrow International or Pork Farms Luton International - roll on.:ugh:

lplsprog
18th Aug 2008, 11:50
LPL was renamed only for publicity purposes. The name John Lennon, who deserted the 'pool for New York, was well known around the world so it was named after him. A lot of people were against it, especialy using the strap line "above us only sky" which upset quite a few religious nutters. If it was called Ken Dodd international it would have been more popular locally but not many outside of the UK have heard of him and the coverage would have been zero. No doubt in a few years time when all of us 60's children are gone it will be changed back to Speke Airport!!

jimma
18th Aug 2008, 11:56
I have to agree that naming Southampton airport after Matt Le Tissier would be completly stupid. Ok so he is a local guy who played for a local team, but can you image how it would sound. "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Southampton Matt Le Tissier Airport."

Most people in the area were upset when they changed the name from Eastleigh airport. As there are a lot of people in the surrounding town who dont like Southampton FC anyway, think this would not go down well with the locals.

Definetly gets my vote as the most ridiculous.

Juud
18th Aug 2008, 12:07
luvly jubbly, driving up the ramp to the terminal at Warsaw, the name of the airport in big green letters on the wall.
The falsetto voice of one of my 3 very silly, very gay FAs: "Oh look, shopping".
He was deadly serious. :ouch:

603DX
18th Aug 2008, 13:02
jimma:

Even more ridiculous, he isn't "a local guy", he's a Guernseyman!

Farrell
18th Aug 2008, 13:14
Outside the Liverpool John Lennon Airport it says "Above Us Only Sky"

The suggestion for Belfast George Best was "Above Us Only The Table"

Mac the Knife
18th Aug 2008, 14:42
Well done shed-on-a-pole! I was just about to suggest

SIR SEEWOOSAGUR RAMGOOLAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT in Mauritius

But you got there first.

I think its the best!

:ok:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
18th Aug 2008, 15:01
lplsprog. That's a good point about, in time, Speke reverting to Speke. The trouble is, with the memory that people named things after people and the intervening time gap between names (for short memories), people will then wonder if it was named after John Hanning Speke, the intrepid explorer.

I've now just set myself off on a "ah, nostalgia" moment for the BEA Explorer Class Viscounts.

larssnowpharter
18th Aug 2008, 15:11
Not particularly silly as a name but one is NAIA at Manila.

Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Named after a guy who came back to his home country knowing he would be assassinated. He was shot walking down the aircraft steps and died on the apron. His crime? Opposing a certain Mr Marcos.

Well named in my opinion.

Lars
(at least avoided the chaos of immigration there

goudie
18th Aug 2008, 15:25
I'm sure all PPRuNers would agree to Newcastle International being named after a certain outspoken gentleman, who is one of our most prolific contributors.

JEMAVION
18th Aug 2008, 15:36
I think Blackpool airport should be named after the late, great Stanley Matthews; okay only another footballer but well worth a knighthood.

Davaar
18th Aug 2008, 16:01
when all of us 60's children are gone it will be changed back to Speke Airport!!
UNQUOTE (just when I've learned how to do the quote thing, it disappears from the screen)

We can but hope. After all, there were:

St Petersburg
Leningrad
Petrograd (I think, but I'm open to correction
Petersburg
St Petersburg

and something similar with Stalingrad.

The Real Slim Shady
18th Aug 2008, 16:29
East Midlands Rebecca Adlington International ???

BerksFlyer
18th Aug 2008, 18:09
Am I the only one who thinks naming airports after people full stop is ridiculous?

An airport should be named after where it is, surely.

bravoromeosierra
18th Aug 2008, 19:12
If you think its ridiculous.. just check this out!

BBC NEWS | England | Cornwall | Airport may take Radio DJ's name (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4906618.stm)

On Thursday, Newquay Airport said it would hold a meeting to decide if it should name itself after Jo Whiley.

:ugh:

Sir George Cayley
18th Aug 2008, 19:55
Oh you youngsters!

Shortly after Churchill died there was a move to name Heathrow after him. Didn't catch on though.

Now that Ferrovial are up shit creek and will be forced to sell Gatport Airwick why not saddle it with a ridiculous name every can larf at.

Gordon Broon Int'l

Sir George Cayley (Shud of named Brough after moi)

Beatriz Fontana
18th Aug 2008, 19:55
The naming convention should be thus: an individual who is dead or fictional.

For Newquay try William Golding, author of Lord of the Flies. Or when he's dead, Phillip Schofield.

Humberside, now that the county doesn't exist, should be William Wilberforce. Although the bloke who draws Desperate Dan comes from Barton, just up the road.

Leeds / Bradford could definitely be Richard Whitely. Or if they hang on a bit, Dicky Bird. Acutally, Dicky Bird International Airport has a certain ring to it!

London City? Dick Whittington. Has to be.

You're right, this is ridiculous. What's wrong with naming an airport after the nearest town or city? At least you know where you're flying to!

CUNIM
18th Aug 2008, 19:57
What about naming an airport after our Gordon?

We need an airport that is taciturn, dark, spends everyone's money 'cept his:suspect: Probably lousy weather with no ILS. Anyone for a suggestion?:confused:

Jimmy Macintosh
18th Aug 2008, 20:15
John Wayne Airport.

Not only does it make you think of a Cowboy operation, but John Wayne wasn't even the guys real name.

Um... lifting...
18th Aug 2008, 21:22
John Wayne Airport.

Not only does it make you think of a Cowboy operation, but John Wayne wasn't even the guys real name.

Marion Michael Morrison Airport? That would never do.

On the other hand, I have no problem with Kingsford Smith in Sydney; Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport in Barrow Alaska; O'Hare in Chicago; Coeur díAlene Airport-Pappy Boyington Field in Idaho, among other aviation notables. I'm even fine with Louis Armstrong International outside New Orleans and those places named for their local notables and heroes... AFTER they are deceased and IF their accomplishments resounded beyond their home... though I don't advocate bumping them off to fast-track the process...

Amelia Earhart Airport (which does exist) is problematic in that no one seems to be able to locate it.

I do have a problem with Trent Lott in Mississippi. Airport was named for that joker while he was still in office. I daresay nobody outside of the Gulf Coast of the US has any idea who he is.

B Fraser
18th Aug 2008, 21:44
Manchester should be named Elsie Tanner International as it has a large apron.

Just how big is the duty free shop at George Best International ?

GrumpyOldFart
18th Aug 2008, 21:56
Put up a statue of someone if you must - provided they have a direct connection with the airport itself, or aviation in general. Name a terminal after them if you must. But not the whole frickin airport - it's meaningless.

I bet nobody in Canada ever calls the airline or their travel agent and tries to book a flight "from Stanfield to Pearson next Tuesday please."

And, although Boomers and wrinklies in a few other countries may have a vague inkling who Lester B Pearson was, I'll place another bet that they have no idea, nor do they care, who Robert Stanfield was.

Airports should carry the name of the principal community which they serve. Period.

Impress to inflate
18th Aug 2008, 21:59
I always wanted to call Aberdeen Airport Annie Lennox International. Went down well with ATC.

Dili - Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport (DIL/WPDL).

Not sure who Presi Nic Lobotomy was but they are proud of it and very corrupt about it.

WALSue
18th Aug 2008, 22:03
I'm waiting for an airport in Norway to be named after a penguin with a knighthood

seacue
19th Aug 2008, 00:06
Norman Y Mineta San Jose Int'l [KSJC] skillfully named after a Secretary of Transportation and Congressman. In 2003, the airfield was named after former mayor Ernie Renzel. Talk about rewriting history.

John Wayne [KSNA] has enough names to confuse. I once asked about Santa Ana airport - it is at Santa Ana, Calif, and that fits its designator. The airline person went blank. Then is was known as Orange County and may still be to some people.

I really object to naming airports after people, dead or alive. It sounds like eastern Europe where the names change as political winds blow.

Congressman Bob Barr used his position to have Ronald Reagan's name added to Washington National Airport. Barr has now decided that Republicans aren't pure enough and he's running for president of the US on the Libertarian ticket.

galvonager
19th Aug 2008, 01:55
We can but hope. After all, there were:

St Petersburg
Leningrad
Petrograd (I think, but I'm open to correction
Petersburg
St Petersburg
Petrograd is correct, but it was the second name in the sequence, before Leningrad. The Russians renamed it in WW1 because -burg sounded German, for the same reason Batenberg became Mountbaten in Britain at the same time. :ugh:

Captain Stable
19th Aug 2008, 07:16
NCL should be either Earl Grey International or Shearer International.

How about London City being Alan Sugar Int.?

As for Heathrow, the bloody thieves and highwaymen who haunted the heath after which the area is named are still there, working in the baggage loading areas. So perhaps Dick Turpin International?

Wod
19th Aug 2008, 07:53
On balance I prefer the City name, and where there's more than one airport, locality. Always liked Idlewild - still use it in company that understands.

As an aside, a long time ago I came across an Australian customs reference to KSIA. Wondered where the heck in the USA that one was. Kingsford Smith International Airport of course.

Big Tudor
19th Aug 2008, 09:00
What's wrong with naming an airport after the nearest town or city?
Crawley Airport
Hounslow International
Bishops Stortford Airport
Luton..... (can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear ;) )

Accra, Ghana = Kotoka International Airport. Colonel Emmanual Kotoka shot nearby during an attempted coup.

Gaborone, Botswana = Sir Seretse Khama International Airport. First president of independant Botswana.

airborne_artist
19th Aug 2008, 09:05
Luton - Lorraine Chase Intl
Stansted - Jamie Oliver Intl
Southampton - John Arlott Intl

Wod
19th Aug 2008, 10:43
Re my earlier post.

I'll make an exception for John Arlott.

Big Tudor
19th Aug 2008, 11:11
Can't have Lorraine Chase for Luton as she is from Deptford, unless we are counting ghastly attempts at singing as somehow representing the best of a town.

Best I can come up with for Luton is Paul Young (80's warbler famous for covering Wherever I Lay My Hat) or 70's punk Eddie Tenpole-Tudor, latterly more famous for presenting The Crystal Maze.

FougaMagister
19th Aug 2008, 21:11
The irony is that nobody uses these "official" names anyway. I've never heard anyone in France say "I'm going to Charles de Gaulle airport"; it's still referred to as "Roissy" - the village near which the airport was built. Same goes for Aeroport Lyon-Antoine de Saint-Exupery; although in this case the connection with aviation is clear, everybody still refers to it by its previous name, "Satolas".

Cheers :cool:

ShyTorque
19th Aug 2008, 22:48
We sometimes used to operate from Bad Tolz, in Germany in the early 1980s. A US helicopter base.

The base commander died at his post. It was hence named after him.

They called it: Colonel A.J. 'Bo' Baker Field.

A nice thought but it didn't roll off the tongue quite as easily.

merlinxx
20th Aug 2008, 07:02
The following as related by a chum

Heathrow = Hounslow Bus Garage or Peggy Bedford Int'l

Gatwick = Our Little Airport in the Country Int'l

Stanstead = The Farmyard

Rush2112
20th Aug 2008, 10:31
Jakarta International is officially known as Soekarno-Hatta, after the first President and Vice President of the Republic of Indonesia following independence (Soekarno being Pres, Hatta being VP). What is unusual about this is Pak Soeharto replaced Soekarno in a very Indonesian coup, effectively had him under house arrest until he died, but named the airport after him.

I know it's not ridiculous, but I just find it interesting, given what one would usually expect from a military dictator.

The code is CGK which for those of you still awake stands for Cengkareng, which is the area in which the airport is located.

I'll get my coat...

chiglet
3rd Sep 2008, 19:14
EGNM....aka Leeds/Bradford....
Jimmy Saville Intl.....:ok:
Instead of "Bing-Bong" annoucements [sp?], they could have "ouereore, ouereore", Jim's done it for THEM :ok:
watp,iktch

Pugilistic Animus
3rd Sep 2008, 19:28
JFK should be renamed--to---- Idle -A-While:}

AMEandPPL
3rd Sep 2008, 21:29
or any of the Greek airports which really annoy you by not using their city name

Until about seven years ago, Athens' main international airport was called "Hellenikon". That's quite enough of a mouthful, but they have named the new replacement airport (at a place called SPATA to the N and E of the city) after a national president from the early part of the 20th century. His name : Eleftherios Venizelos ! Try saying that after a few too many !

Keef
3rd Sep 2008, 22:30
Salzburg is called Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart which I think isn't all bad.

I still prefer to know where I'm going, though. Some of these wacky names leave one wondering if the ticket is to the right place. I'm off at the end of the month to Mario Mameli which I think is also called Elmas - and I hope is in Sardinia. If not, well...

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
4th Sep 2008, 12:57
On the VOLMET and ATIS they don't use daft names: Lyon is Satolas, George Best is Belfast City, John Lennon is Liverpool, Manchester is always corrected.

seacue
4th Sep 2008, 13:37
Since Ferrovial looks to keep Heathrow, perhaps it should be named after a famous Hispanic - Jose Jiminez, a creation of Bill Dana (birth name William Szrthmary). Jiminez rolls off the tongue better.

TRIM-RUN
4th Sep 2008, 20:51
Heathrow -- Deathrow ??? and its Terminal :}

Economics101
4th Sep 2008, 22:02
Latin America is full of airports named after obscure military officers and politicians. For such a great city, Buenos Aires has an airport (EZE) with the rather ridiculous name of Ministro Pistarini. (Sounds like an Australian cultural attache of Italian descent)

ExSp33db1rd
5th Sep 2008, 10:28
Eleftherios Venizelos ! Try saying that after a few too many !

or even before ! :confused:

Dan D'air
5th Sep 2008, 11:03
Not an airport, but about 10 years ago, I had dealings with a Greek Cypriot named Klitos Pantelli. Good job that we only ever spoke on the phone....................

PK-GDU
22nd Sep 2008, 07:10
Since this thread was started with a post about Soekarno Hatta IA ( Jakarta,Indonesia),I want to add that a couple of city airports in Sumatra Island named after the past sultans of the area.

like:

Palembang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palembang), South Sumatra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sumatra)WIPPPLMSultan Mahmud Badaruddin II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_Mahmud_Badaruddin_II_Airport)

Pekanbaru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pekanbaru), Riau (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riau_(province))WIBBPKUSultan Syarif Kasim II Airport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_Syarif_Kasim_II_Airport)

Bandar Lampung (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandar_Lampung), Lampung (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampung)WICTTKGRadin Inten II Airport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radin_Inten_II_Airport)

The most curious pax will ask why they named the airport to the 2 nd generation of the sultan, why not the first ones?

The F/A then, in their prior-to-landing announcement, have to pronounce "sultan...bla-bla ..the second" or just " sultan..bla.bla ..two"

At some flights I noticed they got mixed up by saying..."Sultan Taha the second " for Jambi (WIPA, DJB) ,but I never know if they may do the same mistake for Sultan Iskandar Muda ( WITT, BTJ ) Banda Aceh Airport or
Sultan Hasanudin ( WAAA, UPG,Makassar at South Sulawesi ).The city name of Makasar once changed to Ujung Pandang, just to be put back again as Makassar after two decades.

SINGAPURCANAC
22nd Sep 2008, 12:42
It may be interesting for aviation community..
LYBE- former known as Belgrade Intl or SURCIN for locals, changed its name a few years ago.
Now it is called NIKOLA TESLA probably the most important innovator around the World. His innovation in energy sector made huge changes both industrial and common life.
if you ever asked yourself about AC/DC, hydro power electricity and many other questions be sure that at the beginning was NIKOLA TESLA.
He had an idea to transfer electric power wireless free of charge. Probably he made it but J.P. Morgan who invested into Tesla's projects didn't allowed it. If we gave an electricity for free how we would make a profit?
Tesla was great innovator but he hadn't had sense for corporate affairs.
At the time when Serbian government decide to change the name of airport there were a group of people that wanted to give another name for LYBE. They suggested MIHAILO PUPIN. He was one of the greatest names in history of MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology) also like Tesla the great innovator but had more political influence and as such he did more than anyone else for our' question. :D
The second one is still not recognized as intl. airport but it may be changed in future.
LYNI- Nis airport is now officially named as Tsar KONSTANTIN. Tsar Konstatin was roman ruler who has been born at Nais ,roman town at the place of today's city of Nis. I think,correct me if I am wrong, that Tsar was famous for accepting and introducing Christianity into Roman empire.
also one story could be interested...
LQSA-Sarajevo intl. airport. Some politicians wanted to change an official name of that airport to Alija Izetbegovic intl. They made decision, even airport company put the golden words over entrace,early in the morning. By the end of shift old name had been returned.
His Majesty High Representative earned his salary that morning.

broadreach
22nd Sep 2008, 12:56
If it gets confusing, just add a dash and a slash. The official name for GIG, from the site of Infraero, the Brazilian airports authority:

Aeroporto Internacional do Rio de Janeiro/Gale„o - Antonio Carlos Jobim

CATIII-NDB
22nd Sep 2008, 13:30
OK since there is a plan to close LHR - We need an airport in the middle of noware -( DTV not counting) with Curved runways (I.E Not straight) with Piles of cash as arrester beds at each end - say in MAPLIN - We'll call it TB International and re assemble the Terminal from Basra International Airport as a stop gap - untill a brand spanking new PFI terminal is built.

(Always remember its our idea, your money; your empty wallet - Ta. Thats Dimocracy.)

Stonking Idea (I'm a modest sort just like T.B.)

(Any resembelence to any individual living or dead, past or present is entirely coincidental)

CAT III - Thats all folks. Que music.

chiglet
22nd Sep 2008, 19:07
CAT III - Thats all folks. Que music.

For the life of me I cannot remember the correct phrase..
It's not Queue music...
It's not Key music....
You're not right...are you?

Richard Taylor
22nd Sep 2008, 19:37
If Newquay is Jo Whiley Intl, will it be open 24hrs? :)

My local goes by the imaginative name of Aberdeen DYCE. I wouldn't go with Annie Lennox Intl, she hates the place! If he gets the go ahead for his golf mecca, how about:

DONALD TRUMP INTL :rolleyes:
or
WHERETHEFCUKISABERDEEN INTL?
or
FITLIKEMIN INTL :}

CATIII-NDB
23rd Sep 2008, 22:04
Nope !- PS don't forget the immortal refrain from those two fellow tramps; Stan & Olly - Dangle your Tie and say "Pardon me Maam -we are two victims of the depression"

CAT III

fitliker
23rd Sep 2008, 22:11
Or fooseyerdoosmon Intl

RAPA Pilot
23rd Sep 2008, 22:53
I think that Eastliegh (Southampton) EGHI should be known as Benny Hill International.
BAA should sell it to the Hills angels, they then sack all the current miserable mingers who work there and run around, sort of speeded up, wearing suspenders and stocking (10 denier Barely black) ensuring that the passengers are actually looked after in the way they should.
Brighten the place up no end.

Could use Club 328ís Lounge for....err...private customers.
No forget thatÖ. for crew.
It would bring a whole new meaning to a 4 hour lay over and no shortage of volunteers for a split duty.
The toilet vending machine operator would make a killing too.
See... itís a win win situation.:O