PDA

View Full Version : Derryn Hinch about Qantas

Nudlaug
16th Aug 2008, 22:20
from 3AW 14/08/08, Derryn Hinch, Drive, about Qantas.

Mentioning MH, TL, on the phone Ben Sandilands.....:ooh:

I hope it hasn't been posted before

http://www.mytalk.com.au/Podcast/Drive%20with%20Derryn%20on%203AW%20Channel%20Files/140808_hinch%20replay.mp3

Mstr Caution
17th Aug 2008, 00:53
So what will be learnt from all this?

As seen at 1hr34min into the program, 8 callers straight didn't know the name of the new Qantas CEO designate.

AJ, forget the maintenance issues. You really need to get your name out there mate!

MC:8

The masked goatrider
17th Aug 2008, 01:41
AJ, forget the maintenance issues. You really need to get your name out there mate!

SO MC, if you were the incoming CEO would you forget the maintenance issues in favour of raising your personal public profile? I would have thought that the integrity of the product would override any fame that will go along with the promised fortune.

TIMMEEEE
17th Aug 2008, 02:57
What I want to know is how the Director of Engineering, Mr Cox, gets to keep his job with Qantas!

This guy has zero respect from any engineer I have spoken with and has overseen what has been reported as a clear collapse of effective engineering management.

He even came across as being vague, appeared disinterested and attempted to trivialise serious maintenance issues when confronted by the television media wanting answers.

When shown a strip of emergency strip lighting that was stapled together after maintenance in Singapore he appeared to be stunned and almost disbelieving that this could possibly occur!

And thats was just the tip of the iceberg.

Alot of engineers are now raising CAIR reports to CASA when some of these aircraft return from heavy maintenance in Asia in worse condition than when they left.

CASA is responsible too here because these Asian heavy maintenance organisations require alot more scrutiny and auditing but little appears to have been done.

I believe Mr Cox should follow Mr Dixon and fade into obscurity, proud of overlooking the demise of QF engineering.

LapSap
17th Aug 2008, 03:30
As seen at 1hr34min into the program

What I want to know is.......

how did you sit through the Sinatra song at around 1:30 to get to the 1:34 mark?? :}

ACMS
17th Aug 2008, 04:14
At the end the Journo said CX and SQ have excellent maintenance standards!! mmmmmmm

Then he said QF send all their aircraft to cheap outfits for maintenance?

Funny thing is that as I write there is yet another QF aircraft at the Hkg HAECO hangar for maintenance.

mmmmmmmmmmm

The outfit they use in Mnl is Lufthansa Technic ( or some spelling like that ) and CX have sent our A330's there too.

In Sin they use the same company that Fedex, JAL, ANA and NWA use.

mmmmmm

teresa green
17th Aug 2008, 08:03
Another really scathing full page report of QF is in the Gold Coast Bulletin last saturday. Whilst only a rag it is read by 500,000 people on the coast everyday. There is a lot of anger up here as QF has pulled out, and they feel neglected. This bad press must have a impact. And Tidbinbilla why are you stuffing around with the PPRUNE formula (or somebody is) are you hoping we are all so bleary eyed from sport overload that we don't notice. Im to old for change!

amos2
17th Aug 2008, 08:37
Yeah!...I'm with you Teresa...

Tid's certainly ain't no Debbie!! :ok:

Mstr Caution
17th Aug 2008, 10:57
Masked Goatrider

Surely my post couldnt be miscontrued as my honest opinion, read the post for what it is - Sarcasm.

Lap Sap - I kept skipping ahead, mind you blue eyes aint that bad - He would probably do a better job running QF engineering if he was still with us.

MC:8

Jet_A_Knight
17th Aug 2008, 12:51
Frankly, he hit his peak on 'Wogboy".:D