PDA

View Full Version : PPrune Website Look.

MightyGem
16th Aug 2008, 18:06
Any ideas as to why PPrune has been looking like this most of the day:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/MightyGem/PPrune.jpg

Is it PPrune or my computer(Dell PC with IE6)?

windriver
16th Aug 2008, 18:19
"Any ideas as to why PPrune has been looking like this most of the day?"Stylesheet or javascript syntax at a guess ...FF etc sometimes handles it differently to MSIE...In fact MSIE reports a Javascript error...

justifier
16th Aug 2008, 18:25
I guess that if you hit Ctrl-F5 it will hard refresh everything and it will work again.

The Voice
16th Aug 2008, 20:35
apparently there are dramas at proon HQ - in Dunnunda and Godzone GA Q'S .. there is a reasonable/detailed explanation somewhere thru' the stickied thread ..

one solution has been the ctl+f5 and another involved deleting temp files + something else ..

kenhughes
16th Aug 2008, 21:48
I was unable to access Pprune late last night due site maintenance. It looks like someone deleted/forgot to restore the style sheet.

As someone above said, press Ctrl+F5 (force a refresh without accessing your local cache) and all should be OK. If not, go into Tools/Internet Options and delete your temporary internet files and cookies. Then restart your browser, log in to pprune.org and you should see your normal layout.

MightyGem
17th Aug 2008, 07:50
As someone above said, press Ctrl+F5 (force a refresh without accessing your local cache) and all should be OK. If not, go into Tools/Internet Options and delete your temporary internet files and cookies. Then restart your browser, log in to pprune.org and you should see your normal layout.

Tried all that about 20 minutes ago, no difference, then just now changing to a different Topic, it came back to normal. I would suspect my computer, but PPrune is the only forum site that it happens on. Very strange.

Pontius Navigator
17th Aug 2008, 08:07
Ctrl-F5 worked for me, ty.

Pprune has done this from time to time over recent weeks. Not sure if it is machine specific as I use 2 and can't remember if the problem was on both.

muffin
17th Aug 2008, 08:29
Thanks for the tip. Ctrl F5 sorted it for me as well.