PDA

View Full Version : Which Muppet is using my handle????

The Real Slim Shady
15th Aug 2008, 17:39
OK, who is the wazzock who has stolen my handle, my place of residence and posting on e-goat???

Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but you definitely are NOT The Real Slim Shady!

knowitall
15th Aug 2008, 18:52
Would The Real, The Real Slim Shady, please stand up?

Why yes, that is my coat....

taxydual
15th Aug 2008, 18:55
Ah, but which one are you? The real one or the other real one?

Identity theft, the crime of the 21st Century...............

Chris Kebab
15th Aug 2008, 19:04
..and there's all of us thinking that Eminem got the inspiration for his global hit from somewhere other than reading PPRune.

taxydual
15th Aug 2008, 19:10
Hmm, 5 minutes reviewing TRSS's previous posts do show a definite 'change in language and attitude' over the last few epistles.

Mod's. Could it be possible?

Is a TRSS2 lurking out there?

If that's the case and identity theft is possible, may I deny all knowledge on my posts 2. 12, 19. 22. 26, 31, 63, (big gap there, what happened?) 74, 92, ( Ah 92, the barman let us stay after time).

But seriously, in this scenario, imitation is a form of flattery, impersonation is a crime.

:=

Saintsman
15th Aug 2008, 19:17
My mate Sid was the victim of ID theft.

He's now known as S...

microlight AV8R
15th Aug 2008, 20:42
I'm Spartacus!

scarecrow450
15th Aug 2008, 20:47
No I am and so's my wife !!!! :D

nacluv
16th Aug 2008, 09:20
Or is this TRSS's call to Plod to report that his car was stolen last night, when really he stuffed it trying to drive home blind drunk and legged it from the scene of the accident??? :E

exscribbler
16th Aug 2008, 10:14
I am not a number - I am a free man...

The Real Slim Shady
16th Aug 2008, 10:15
Not at all.

Some latent homo with absolutely no imagination has registered on e - goat using my handle and location: now whatever this muppet posts may be cross referenced and attributed to me.

I wouldn't you lot to think I had gone soft on you hence have asked Wobbly to de-register the thief.

LowObservable
16th Aug 2008, 16:47
1943 or 44 over Germany.... carrot-stuffed night-fighter pilot trying to sort out whch voice is the real controller and which is the RAF "ghost" transmitting from Rugby...

Ghost: Follow orders to Beacon KX, you :mad: :mad:!

Luftwaffe controller: The Englishman is swearing.

Ghost: IT IS NOT THE ENGLISHMAN WHO IS SWEARING, IT IS ME!

MAINJAFAD
16th Aug 2008, 18:21
RAF West Kingsdown, where Operation 'Corona' was carried out is in Kent. Nowhere near Rugby. Plus it wasn't done just from the ground either, ABC (AirBorne Cigar) system fitted to Liberators and Fortresses of 100 Group, and 101 Sqn Lancasters did the same role.

Archimedes
16th Aug 2008, 21:02
TRSS (the Real one) - have you recently joined the Army Rumour Service and posted something on UAV's? If not, your stalker has headed off over there as well...

The Real Slim Shady
16th Aug 2008, 22:15
Archimedes

As I don't know the first thing about UAVs and have no interest in the Army site I can assure you that it is definitely NOT The Real Slim Shady.

Of course having registered my distaste here, and emailed the forum owners asking that the individual be de - registeredthe problem now lies with them if a legal challenge arises.

FFP
16th Aug 2008, 22:57
if a legal challenge arises

Problem is, you are not The Real Slim Shady and you don't actually live in Dr Dre's Mum's House.

So what legal threat are you referring to ? Fake Identity Fraud ?

Plus, how would there be any comeback on you personally ? How would TRSS be tracked down and brought to justice over remarks made on an anonymous forum ?

Flt Lt Mac
16th Aug 2008, 23:10
Sorry chaps, but what is going on? This thread doesn't appear to have a Military Aviation connection so would it be better off in Jet Blast?

Archimedes
16th Aug 2008, 23:19
I've had another look at Arrse (I didn't think it would actually be you TRSS).

The person doing seems to be cutting and pasting posts verbatim from here over on Arrse, using the same username. Minigundiplomat's opening post on asthma has been reproduced word-for-word over there, with the addition of a few words at the end of the last sentence.

Roush's opening post on the latest UAV developments has appeared without any alteration, and the same thing has happened with You Sir, Name!'s post about the advice proferred by Moneysavingexpert.com, and - yet again - your imposter has plagiarised, word for word, Died Trying's post about Russian missile defence.

FFP is correct, since I don't think you can claim ownership of the name on other forums, even if the poster elswhere is trying to pretend that he/she is you. However, since it would appear that the fake Slim is nothing more than a plagiarising troll, they might welcome this being pointed out - not least since this could be a classic 'start with apparently sensible posts and then become uncontrollable troll' profile being established at your expense...

Edit - Mac, with respect, it does have a connection - TRSS (military) is concerned that someone has taken on his identity on more than one military website. If TRSS's real identity is known to some people, a sudden burst of trolling that appears to come from him, it might have consequences for his reputation amongst his peers.

The Real Slim Shady
17th Aug 2008, 11:35
I've had an email from Rob, the ArRSE site owner, and explained to him almost exactly what you said Archimedes.

As the postings were highlighted here, on more than 1 thread, by other users my concern is that the innocent could give way to expressions of opinion which, by implication, are attributed to me.

My suggestion to Rob, and I will write again to wobbly, e-goat owner, is that, for the avoidance of doubt, an appropriate compromise may be to change the culprit's user name to "Not The Real Slim Shady".

Rob has just replied to me to inform me that the registration has been suspended.

Flt Lt Mac
17th Aug 2008, 12:17
Gentlemen please, lets put this into perspective a little. This is an aviation forum where people come to chat about aircraft. We are not talking about tarnishing the reputation on the US Presidential election candidates.

a sudden burst of trolling that appears to come from him, it might have consequences for his reputation amongst his peers.

Archemedies, TRSS did have a sudden outburst last week. We all saw what he thinks about those currently serving in the Royal Air Force. He has managed to tarnish his own reputation on here all by himself. Please can we stop this little hissey fit and get back to the proper business of PPRuNe.

TRSS as is the normal expression in the RAF now, man up wet pants and stop bleating like a girl. Oh I also forgot dry your eyes Princess.

spanners123
17th Aug 2008, 13:19
TRSS,
I think you may have annoyed someone, on e-goat, your user name is just cutting and pasting from this forum and maybe many others and upsetting quite a few people along the way.
Maybe time for a name change.

MAINJAFAD
17th Aug 2008, 14:11
Yep the muppet calling himself TRSS on E-goat is getting to be a pain.

Linedog
17th Aug 2008, 14:45
The muppet is now banned from the goat.

Flt Lt Mac
17th Aug 2008, 14:50
Thank god for that. Is that the end of it now? Can we please get back to the normal business of PPRuNe?:rolleyes:

Dengue_Dude
17th Aug 2008, 19:17
STFU !

It's all good banter.

(By the way I'M SPARTACUS - up to the point you're going to crucify me - oh forgot, that was done on Hercules ;o)