PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster and Reds over Sussex!

Training Risky
15th Aug 2008, 15:49
S0d paying to get into Eastbourne Air Show this weekend....I just got a free look at the Lanc and the Dead Sparrows using Bewl Water in East Sussex as a TP enroute to the south coast!:ok::ok:

Why would they drop white smoke over the middle of the countryside, nowhere near the air show?

Cheers boys.:D

taxydual
15th Aug 2008, 16:54
The smoke is a marker to the Lancaster to bomb on the buggers that don't pay to get in to these things!!!

"Hello. All Payload aircraft, Payload Leader speaking. Bomb on the white, bomb on the white".

;););)

caligula
16th Aug 2008, 08:00
Flypast en route?

More likely prime of the smoke system before running in

Background Noise
16th Aug 2008, 12:26
Either to prime the system or maybe a quick burst to aid visual acquisition (for others joining or other aircraft to see them) maybe.

airborne_artist
16th Aug 2008, 12:34
My guess is that it was a quick "private" fly-over of a friend of the team/RAF/boss.

Friends of mine had the Reds do a fly-over with smoke on the evening of their Ruby wedding anniversary party. The Reds were en-route to Lyneham I think, and put in a small dog-leg to go over their house.

side salad
18th Aug 2008, 16:04
Seeing this reminded me - the KC135 nearly didnt make the display on the first day - it got confused and flew past the town, asking the display director "have we passed you yet" as it went past Beachy Head!:ok: