PDA

View Full Version : Friday's - love 'em

Parapunter
15th Aug 2008, 11:06
As I write, the sun is blazing down, there is a light breeze & a Spitfire is wheeling back & forth over the office prior to displaying at Eastbourne.

It's a good life.:ok:

Llademos
15th Aug 2008, 13:06
Meanwhile, on the M25, police have caused a 15 mile traffic tailback closing the motorway because of someone who is not in any danger of getting run over up in the gantry. Why couldn't they just leave him where he was until after the Friday rush?

Anyway, rant over, best unhijack the thread ...

Pp - when's the Eastbourne show? Sounds like it could be a good excuse to visit the oldies.

Ll

Romeo India Xray
15th Aug 2008, 13:15
Got the weekend off. Going round to see her relatives (her indoors that is) tonight for a glass of wine, then beach tomorrow (forecast is looking good). A mate is also off till Sunday night so probably a Saturday bevvy or two in the evening, then a relaxing Sunday - Love weekends like this!

A very happy RIX :ok:

jimgriff
15th Aug 2008, 13:20
Fridays sure are good-
Here I am flying in a spitfire over sussex and being paid to do it!
Sun is shining and life is good!!!:}

treadigraph
15th Aug 2008, 13:21
Sunny day here in Croydon, no Spitfires sadly (and no Chinooks either!), tho I can see the Stella Zeppelin in the distance and and Emirates A330 or something similar... :zzz:

Just two and a half hours to go then I can sidle off to the Dog and Bull for a few pints with my favourite lady architect (and few other people!) and wind down!

I like Fridays!

G-CPTN
15th Aug 2008, 13:39
Meanwhile, on the M25, police have caused a 15 mile traffic tailback closing the motorway because of someone who is not in any danger of getting run over up in the gantry. Why couldn't they just leave him where he was until after the Friday rush?Do they close lanes when 'operators' are present on said gantry?
Perhaps a snatch-squad from Hereford could be called-in.
Would be good training IMO.

Parapunter
15th Aug 2008, 13:56
Eastbourne Airshow | Airbourne (http://www.eastbourneairshow.co.uk/)

CUNIM
15th Aug 2008, 13:59
Mowing the lawn and mega whoosh as a tornado flies over at zippity dodadle feet. Made me wobble my nice straight lines. They seem to use our house as a marker. Also see truckies flying level with us along the valley. Magic:ok:

Gainesy
15th Aug 2008, 14:10
Happily,the grass is still too wet to mow;aerial activity consists of Kev the Kestrel patroling the field next door and the odd grockletube inbound to LGW.

At beer o'clock, as the Mrs is quite happy to watch folk running, jumping and chucking sticks etc, she is quite happy to drop me off at the pub and pick me up later so she can watch said stuff in peace. Good lass.

Yep, like Fridays.:)

goudie
15th Aug 2008, 14:30
Same here Gainsey. Mrs G (mine) cheering on the losers in a most noisy manner. I too am sloping off to the pub at 17.00 where talk of things Olympian is forbidden!
Anyway I don't believe any of it's happening, it's all f**king faked.

Easyjet mooning around overhead

S'land
15th Aug 2008, 16:11
Fridays sure are good-
Here I am flying in a spitfire over sussex and being paid to do it!

Wow! and PPRuNeing at the same time. That Spit must have a good internet connection.

Sorry, one is feeling a little "tetchy" today as we have a long weekend here and the rain is chucking it down.

BOFH
15th Aug 2008, 16:24
S'land

by your moniker, I assume that you won't be near the Oktoberfest next month. The rest of Germany has to work!

Viel Spaß , cheer up, France is 30 minutes away.
BOFH

S'land
15th Aug 2008, 16:33
BOFH:
I might make the Oktoberfest, it all depends on work. Mind you, we have a few beer festivals of our own over the next couple of months.

BTW, the moniker is more to do with a certain type of Flying Boat than the area that I live in.

Tschüß.

Smudger
15th Aug 2008, 18:11
" Friday's " - The rogue apostrophe is alive and well.

Don't bother attacking me for correcting mistakes - someone has to do it, and I will do just that until I die, in order to try and preserve our written language until it is engulfed by the present tide of indifference.

G-CPTN
16th Aug 2008, 10:42
Friday's best is correct with two possible meanings - 'the best of Friday' or 'Friday is best' . . .