BYALPHAINDIA
14th Aug 2008, 23:55
When will it ever stop, They say the wettest August since.....:hmm:

Only had a good few days so far.:sad:

Something's playing up in the 'Nether Regions'

Shouldn't have so much - wet wet wet.:ugh:

con-pilot
15th Aug 2008, 00:00
In Oklahoma the month of August is normally the hottest and driest every year. Currently the average temperature is anywhere from 10 (F) or more degrees lower than normal and we are forecast to stay that cool and have rain for the next 5 to 7 days.

Man made global warming indeed. :*

Barkly1992
15th Aug 2008, 05:18
Don't think of it as GLOBAL WARMING but CLIMATE CHANGE.

Selfloading
15th Aug 2008, 06:43
Yeah, it's all your fault anyway, you're not paying anywhere near enough tax to stop this global warming err climate change :}

RiscOS
15th Aug 2008, 06:48
Funny how it wasGLOBAL WARMING until facts such as In Oklahoma the month of August is normally the hottest and driest every year. Currently the average temperature is anywhere from 10 (F) or more degrees lower than normal and we are forecast to stay that cool and have rain for the next 5 to 7 days. emerge, then it becomes CLIMATE CHANGE.Bit like buttering your toast on both sides. :ooh:

Dea Certe
15th Aug 2008, 07:19
It's lightning and raining here! :eek: We don't see this kind of display very often! The thunder actually scared the cat!

Dea

Evening Star
15th Aug 2008, 07:46
Funny how it was until facts such as emerge, then it becomes Bit like buttering your toast on both sides. :ooh:

No buttering both sides here as funnily enough, here I am sat at my desk with a scientific report published by the Institute of Hydrology in 1998 that refers to CLIMATE CHANGE. Think you will find that GLOBAL WARNING was left a long time ago except by clueless political types and even more clueless journalists (reporting clueless political types).

And I cannot butter my toast as it is too wet.

Anyway, bring on the rain. Yours truly earns a few extra groats, beyond the normal stipend of research and beating information into undergraduates, by undertaking flood risk assessments and every time there is a lot of rain enquiries flood, so to speak, in. Hydrology equivalent of ambulance chasing I tell you.:ok:

Rule3
15th Aug 2008, 11:33
What is Rain.:confused:

corsair
15th Aug 2008, 11:47
What is Rain.

Smug barsteward, your time will come. I tell ya. YOUR TIME WILL COME!.:p:p There'll be a wet sandstorm or something..............

It has been really bad this year in these soggy islands. Sunny spells with showers, sunny spells with showers. That's all you hear. I don't know if it was worse than last year. But it feels like it. I actually can't think of a day that was completely clear of cloud this summer. There always seems to be CB's around somewhere.

What's even worse is people calling it global warming or climate change. Frankly whether you believe in it or not. It's just bad weather. Besides it's too soon for even the most enthusiastic proponents of climate change.

tony draper
15th Aug 2008, 13:27
Tweren't like this int olden days when I were a nipper.
Feckin depressing it is.:(

Rainboe
15th Aug 2008, 13:28
Well we obviously need to pay more green taxes to pay for politicians and civil servants pensions. When we do, it will all get better, so pay up with a smile.

Effluent Man
15th Aug 2008, 14:12
Here in the east we don't seem to suffer from the encroaching wetness to anything like the extent of the rest of the country.I must say that from May until October inclusive it's pretty much my ideal climate. Just could do with living by the Med for the other six months.

ORAC
15th Aug 2008, 14:19
Nothing unusual here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7561411.stm), move along now, move along.......

tony draper
15th Aug 2008, 14:21
It int right, lots of sunshine and blue sky is wasted on they dammed furriners.
:uhoh:

tony draper
15th Aug 2008, 14:27
That's a load of old hows yer father Mr ORAC we had proper winters and summers when I was a sprog,we had definite seasons,we don't now,tiz like those criminologists who shuffle a lot of papers and come out with articles about how crime in the past was worse,a load of old bollix as we all know.
One ceased believing anything "experts" say years ago shortly after one ceased believing anything politicians said,experts like politicians always have a agenda.
:rolleyes:

asiaseen
15th Aug 2008, 14:29
Try some real rain, guys. In June Hong Kong had (officially) some 1.4 metres of rain though some parts of the New Territories had considerably more.