PDA

View Full Version : Incoming call notification (while on-line).

CaptSensible
29th Nov 2000, 17:03
I've heard theres a bit of software out there which gives you a little pop up window advising theres an incoming call on the line while you are on the net. Anyone got any idea where to locate a freeware version of it? I'm a tight bastard, aren't I?

FL310
29th Nov 2000, 18:43
donīt recall the name, but you need to have a phone provider who reroutes your call.

Big Red ' L '
1st Dec 2000, 21:20
Havn't heard of the software you are on about, can't help you there. Try diverting your phone line to your mobile when you go online. Some of my mates do that and its fine. I dont, i have 2 lines in my house.. :)
(Not posh or anything, got the usual bt one and get one free with the cable company who provide the t.v. through cable....)

------------------
Its not the fall that kills you...Its the sudden stop.....

BOAC
2nd Dec 2000, 02:56
I think it is called 'ICM' and it came around FREE in a magazine a while back. Try searching CNET or Windows shareware pages. It does require you to have a BT chargeable service (call diversion, I think,) to work.
Works by ICM being 'paged' by BT and flashing up an icon on your screen via your internet portal. Not sure if firewalls will allow.

HOGE
2nd Dec 2000, 22:47
Try <A HREF="http://www.ocmuk.com" TARGET="_blank">www.ocmuk.com</A>
This program alerts you to incoming calls when online, and allows you to transfer the call or answer it.