PDA

View Full Version : A320 Cost

ATPMBA
14th Aug 2008, 12:35
What is the asking price of a new A320 and used A320's?

Thank you.

saman
14th Aug 2008, 16:40
I think Airbus would probably ask you a few questions before answering that question.

Who are you, what is your business plan, what is your financial situation, when do you want them, what design weights and options would you like and how many aircraft are you talking about?

Airbus - Welcome to Airbus.com! (http://www.airbus.com) will give you Airbus North America's contact details.

If it's a used deal then the price for a 1989 low design weight, early engine variant is, not surprisingly lower than a high design weight, latest engined, 2007 aircraft. So the answer is kinda difficult to give!

BYALPHAINDIA
14th Aug 2008, 22:35
Has he won a 4 Tune??;)

Buster the Bear
15th Aug 2008, 22:09
I will sell you one for 5, it is plastic and has Wizz on the side!

BYALPHAINDIA
16th Aug 2008, 03:30
And 'Wizzes' into Rob n the Hood Airport.:}

Farrell
16th Aug 2008, 06:24
A318: US$56.0 to $62.1m (2008)
A319: $63.3 to $77.3m (2008)
A320: $73.2 to $80.6m (2008)
A321: $87.7 to $92.8m (2008)

These are list prices.
If memory serves me correctly, Airbus are the king of the deal-makers.
Didn't they offer EasyJet a 2 for 1 deal a while back?

Loose rivets
17th Aug 2008, 00:02
Funny innit? Dan Dare paid c 600k for the first two 1-11s if memory serves. +50k to get them back on the British register from AA. They were like new.

G-CPTN
17th Aug 2008, 00:18
Don't think Freddie paid anything like that for his Halifaxes and Yorks . . .

mixture
17th Aug 2008, 13:51
I think Airbus would probably ask you a few questions before answering that question.

Oh come on !

Sure there are specifics to go over but list prices are readily available on their website.

OFSO
17th Aug 2008, 15:37
If memory serves me correctly, Airbus are the king of the deal-makers. Didn't they offer EasyJet a 2 for 1 deal a while back?Hardly the best offers going ! I quote from The Boeing 737 Technical Guide: "In February 2005, Ryanair placed an order for 70 737-800s with options on a further 70. The public list price was between $61.5 million and $69.5 million per aircraft as given on Boeing's website.Because of the size of the order and because it was placed when Boeing was losing out to Airbus, it is widely believed that Ryanair paid less than $51 million each, and that taking into account other concessions such as credit, allowances, support services, and free winglets, the price could have been as low as $29 million per aircraft."

frostbite
17th Aug 2008, 15:39
Not seen many on eBay.

airship
17th Aug 2008, 16:36
:rolleyes:I'm very disappointed in the quality of the responses to ATPMBA's original question: What is the asking price of a new A320 and used A320's?
Thank you. This is an aviation forum is it not...?!

Here, we have someone, possibly interested in buying an Airbus A320. If I was in the market for an A320 (or even A319 to replace my Gulfstream V), I'd have expected knowledgeable and informative responses along the lines of: Buy a new one, there are lots of airlines who want to delay / cancel their new A320 deliveries - great deals to be had, insist until you get the deal you want...; With all the A320s so many airlines have on order and that are obliged to take delivery, especially in the current slump, it might be worthwhile contacting the airlines concerned in case they could offer you a better deal on a used (or even a new one under the circumstances); You appear to be decided on an A320, but just in case you'd consider a Boeing...?!

Instead of that though, what does he get from us...?! :sad:

Having said all that, I know of someone who's upgrading to an A380 (already been reported in these forums). I don't believe there's an A320 in the fleet. Might be an odd surplus 747SP available though...?! :}

mixture
17th Aug 2008, 17:23
This is an aviation forum is it not...?!

Yes, but he did make the mistake of posting in JetBlast, which is probably why most of the replies were not of the quality they perhaps should/could be. :ok:

Here, we have someone, possibly interested in buying an Airbus A320.

With all due respect, if he's got enough money to buy one, he can probably afford to pay the appropriate advisors to get him good deal. :cool:

I would say it's more likely someone who's doing some research for a paper/project ... or just plain curious.

frostbite
17th Aug 2008, 17:53
I would say you've been comprehensively had, Mr Mixture.

mixture
17th Aug 2008, 22:13
Well Frostbite, without any way of knowing whether or not your facts are correct, all I would say is that making that sort of business decision (or doing background research for that sort of business decision) is probably best not done on an anonymous online forum. If ATPMBA wants to make his business decisions/research that way then I wish him all the best !

As others have pointed out, the price will vary .... particularly in relation to used aircraft ..... and I would say most people would not want to enter into pricing discussions on a public forum.

But hey... each to their own ...

TwinAisle
17th Aug 2008, 23:47
Having actually bought A320s new, the answer as to how much they cost will vary widely, depending on:

1. The spec of the aircraft
2. What options you want
3. How many you intend to buy
4. When you intend to buy them
5. Whether you will base them in a strategically important market
6. Whether you take the training credits
7. Whether or not they think you are going to do a sale and leaseback
8. How creditworthy you are
9. Who your backers are (expect a better deal if they are a potential customer)
10. How keen Airbus are to shift aircraft (sounds daft, you'd expect them to be keen all the time, but they will cut a sharper deal if there are whitetails on the line)
11. When you want them to be delivered
12. The type of airline you are (if you are likely to buy A330s, A340s or A350s in the future, they will be keener than if you are not)
13. What you have bought before (if you are an all A320 fleet, they will be less keen to cut a sharp deal than if you are a 737 operator)

Complicated eh?

The list prices Farrell showed are about right, but expect massive discounts on these if the mood takes them...

TA