PDA

View Full Version : Proud parent thread

airborne_artist
14th Aug 2008, 12:25
Little Miss Artist (#2 of 3) got her AS results today. She took Maths, Physics, Biology and Geography. Got an A in each of them. She still wants to become a pilot though :ok:

johnfairr
14th Aug 2008, 13:15
Nah, AA, if she's done Geography, she's well set to be a Nav! I did the same subjects 'cept for the Biology. Didn't get A's, though, which might explain a few things in my career . . . . :uhoh:

jf

airborne_artist
14th Aug 2008, 13:39
JF - in the Dark Blue the Nav is a fish-head, while the aviation directional consultant is an Observer.

She wants to be the third generation from the family through Dartmouth :ok:

johnfairr
14th Aug 2008, 13:43
Went through Finningley with a couple of "lookers" from the RN, they were doing a FJ exchange. Shouldn't really say it, but one of them was the finest example of a superb NO I ever came across, a chap called Keith Tatman. I am looking at a picture right now of he and I (and several other chums) in front of a Dominie at our Wings Graduation, some 35 years ago. :{:{:{

jf

jayteeto
14th Aug 2008, 14:03
Proud parents all around!! My eldest got A/B/C/C and a place doing history at Manchester University. 6 months ago was all doom and gloom, he pulled it out of the bag!! Now poverty beckons, where is that cheque book?? :eek:

VitaminGee
14th Aug 2008, 14:14
6 months ago was all doom and gloom, he pulled it out of the bag!! Now poverty beckons, where is that cheque book??

Ditto, several fold. Very excited and relieved GeeLad just phoned with the resulkts he needs(B/C/C in Politics/History/Business) to get into Uni to do Business and Marketing. :ok:

(i.e to become a professional bullsh1tter) :rolleyes:

Juud
14th Aug 2008, 15:09
No1 Child today assisted with a spinal tap, gave 2 injections, learnt how to do an ECG and translated between the neurologist and the Polish patient who was brought in with serious injuries.
With her, according to herself very limited Polish, she managed to get his medical history out of him, the circumstances of his accident, got his consent for the operation and phoned his wife in Poland to break the news.
The patient rewarded her with an old fashioned hand kiss.

Proud Mamma! ;)

Captain Stable
14th Aug 2008, 15:13
Excellent, Jude. The things they let schoolkids on work experience do nowadays... ;)

VitaminGee
14th Aug 2008, 15:32
Well done that young lady! :ok:

[It must be time to skedaddle - intially I read 'translated' as 'transplanted' - silly me, :ugh: I should have known that transplants are tomorrow!!! ] :eek:

Davaar
14th Aug 2008, 15:34
Dark Blue the Nav is a fish-head

Although fifty years ago "fish-head" was used generically of all those not in the FAA. Since we often see wildly wrong etymologies here, I'll give the origin of "fish-head" as explained to me in the RN those years ago, learning that should not be lost to history. The expression was attributed to an officer "RN Everett, RN", a pilot lieutenant commander who had passed unsuccessfully through "the zone" for promotion. He was appointed captain of a vessel for "sea-time", and said vessel suffered some predicament, went on the rocks or whatever. Captain was court-martialled, sentenced to loss of seniority, which put him back in the zone. The War then ensued, and RN Everett, restored to the zone, returned to the FAA. His career blossomed. If these facts are wrong, I apologise to him, but so it was told to me when we were all young by a long-forgotten lieutenant, RN, at HMS Blackcap (as I recall), RNAS Stretton. I remember that lieutenant because he had an RM steward, a man of great RM smartness, than which there is no comparison. That RM steward kept the lieutenant poor by insisting every successive dog-watch, so it seemed to him, on his throwing out all his linen and buying new from Gieves. He found it very difficult, expensive certainly, to live up to his steward's standards.

Doodlebug
14th Aug 2008, 15:38
14-day-old Doodlebuglet can fart as spectacularly as her Daddy. Does that count?

ChrisVJ
14th Aug 2008, 18:00
No 1 son currently at Portage for primary flight training with CAAF. No 2 passed Air Crew Selection two weeks ago and is currently waiting final OK from medical (Fingers very crossed.) No encouragement from me so we can't understand why No 4 son wants to do it too.

ThreadBaron
14th Aug 2008, 18:24
14-day-old Doodlebuglet can fart as spectacularly as her Daddy. Does that count?
Absotively, 'Yes'. Considering your years of experience and her lack of same ......;)

C130 Techie
14th Aug 2008, 20:51
I have to wait until next week for my next significant proud parent moment.

On Saturday 23rd August I get to walk my younger daughter down the aisle. :)

I too have an empty wallet for the time being but I am sure it will be more than worth it. Mind you this is the first of two.:{

Richo77
15th Aug 2008, 03:44
Master Richo (4 & half) last night drew me a beautiful picture of my dog which died 6 months ago. So you dont miss her too much daddy.

Didnt make me proud so to speak, but it was one of most beautiful things ive ever seen (came with a cuddle too).

Howard Hughes
15th Aug 2008, 04:30
Little Hughes (8 1/2 months) can clap and wave, although the line does become a little blurred as to which is which sometimes! He also fluent in 'Gibberish', so if Juud's daughter ever has a patient from Gibber, then he'll be your man...;)

In fact here is one of his World famous waves!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Howard3200/DSC01674.jpg

And partaking in his favourite pastime...;)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Howard3200/DSC01717.jpg

CityofFlight
15th Aug 2008, 07:47
Good genes there, Papa.... ;) :ok:

Parapunter
15th Aug 2008, 09:18
My monster has learned to say 'Iggle Piggle' and for some unknown reason, 'Curry':confused:

http://i36.tinypic.com/egu6xj.jpg

forget
15th Aug 2008, 10:17
Any excuse to use this one again. :p

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/cumpas/fake.jpg

Farrell
15th Aug 2008, 10:27
What a fantastic thread! :ok:

Farrell has no kids......yet!

SpringHeeledJack
15th Aug 2008, 12:12
Farrell has no kids......yet!

That's what you think, she just hasn't managed to track you down yet on account of all your moving around.....;)

Regards

SHJ