PDA

View Full Version : Tesco or Credit Card Moan!!!!!!!

TOT
14th Aug 2008, 05:29
9 days ago I called into a Tesco fuel outlet.

10 cars waiting, so I pulled up at the "Pay at pump" using the credit card to pay

Inserted my card, waited for verication,

filled with fuel, 25.00 and thought no more of it.

A few days late looked at my credit card online

2 Tesco entries listed

1/ Verification 50!!!!!!!!!

2/ fuel 25.00

both on the same day, same time

9 days later the first entry is still there

the end result is I am 50 down on my availabilty

contacted TESCO,, they blame the Card provider

contacted the Card,, provider they blame Tesco

either way , If I wanted the 50 I cant have it for 15 days

apparently 15 days after verifiication any unclaimed authorizations are cancelled

anyone else heard of this??

:*:*:*

Newark_Anagram
14th Aug 2008, 08:11
I've noticed that when I use my credit card to pay at the pump, they normally 'take' a 1 verification to check the card. After a couple of days it drops off. Not had any problems with using pay at pump.

NA

Firestorm
14th Aug 2008, 08:43
Personally I wouldn't wee on Tesco if it was burning, but here is what one man thinks of credit cards....

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Man buys Chevy with small change (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7559881.stm)

Howard Hughes
14th Aug 2008, 08:53
Bit of a bugger if you are using a debit VISA!!:eek:

BlueWolf
14th Aug 2008, 09:22
Well done that man with the Chevy :ok:

Best I can manage is 1987, a campsite and motor park on the outskirts of Paris. Clamped to the bar was a peanut vending machine - plonk in a 2 franc coin, turn the knob, out drops a handful of peanuts. It was nearly empty of peanuts, thus one of the boys decided it must be nearly full of coins.

Further presuming that it was being persecuted by the enemies of freedom, he decided to liberate it. Back at the bus, a couple of hours and some skillful attention with a Swiss Army knife and a rock later, said machine gave up its secrets, and 280 francs; or maybe it was 280 coins, memory seems hazy, and the maths don't appear to stack up, but then this was a long time ago.

Anyways, next day at the Hypermarket, it was enough to purchase 16 dozen beers, 33 and Kronenbourg IIRC. We arrived at the checkout with a trolley full of French piss and a bag of coins. Depositing bag on counter, we entreated of the young lady ensconsed there behind, "Vous acceptez?"

She looked at us, at the beer, and at the coins; then with a shrug, she replied "For beer," put up her "checkout closed " sign (at least I presume that's what it said :p) and proceeded to count. What a Top Chick.

Ee, them were't days :E

Background Noise
14th Aug 2008, 09:23
Odd - I use a credit card all the time to pay-at-pump with Tesco and have never had any verification or hassle. It is a card I have used in store and have a clubcard so maybe that helps?

Curious Pax
14th Aug 2008, 09:31
These 1 test things some places do can be a pain - had it with an online Carphone Warehouse order, which put my credit card on the 'at risk' list, so when I used it subsequently phone authorisation was needed. Fortunately when I rang up the card firm a couple of checks on whether transactions were mine sorted it out. Apparently some credit card thieves put a quid through to see if the card works before giving it a proper hammering.